AS5553 Clause 3.1.7 f - "Implement a returns process....."

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'm working on a gap analysis to AS5553 Rev C and I'm looking at 3.1.7 f - "Implement a returns process which segregates returned EEE parts until they are verified as new and unused."

My confusion is the definition or scope of "returned EEE parts". Where are these being returned from? My customer? My distribution source? Internally some how?
This doesn't sound hard to implement but without knowing the source of the returned EEE parts I don't know what angle to attack this from.

Thanks in advance for your input!

outdoorsNW

Are you an electronic components distributor, user, or something else?

This sounds like this is saying distributors need to segregate returns from customers until they can verify the items are still in new and unused condition.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I agree with OutdoorsNW. If you don't get "returns from customers" of EEE parts, that clause does not apply to you.

outdoorsNW

I reread the entire section 3.1.7 and a lot of the rest of the standard. You may want to have a "just in case clause" in your internal procedure for 3.1.7.f,

RCW

That's probably what I'll do. It's kind of a "Duh!" requirement. ANY EEE parts should be run through the counterfeit detection process. It shouldn't matter if they are new or returns.

Top Bottom