AS9100 7.2.2 Review of requirements

CHRSCLLNGS

Involved In Discussions
Hello people,
I am currently proceding with implementing AS9100 from ISO9001.
Can anyone clarify:
"7.2.2 d) risks (e.g., new technology, short delivery time scale) have been evaluated."
We currently use a contract review checksheet for the review of requirements, is this a case of an addition to the contract review, or could this be a bit of a minefield?
If anyone can push me in the right direction, I would be grateful.
Thanks
Chris:)

D

D.Scott

Hello people,
Can anyone clarify:
"7.2.2 d) risks (e.g., new technology, short delivery time scale) have been evaluated."
We currently use a contract review checksheet for the review of requirements, is this a case of an addition to the contract review, or could this be a bit of a minefield?
Thanks

As in all standards, don't overkill it. Keep it simple. Add the evaluation of risks to your current contract review. The key is that it be addressed and be done before commitment to supply a product.

Note the review is a "Key Requirement". Be sure your current checklist addresses the a,b and c as well. Then you can add the d portion.

Dave

A

AS_QualityEngineer

Hello people,
Can anyone clarify:
Thanks

Identify the Risk and prepare Mittigation Plan. Follow the stages:

- Risk Identification – Identify risks through discussion with all major stakeholders.
- Risk Categorization – Group the risks into categories
- Risk Probability and Impact Assessment – For each risk identified, assess the risk event in terms of likelihood of occurrence (Risk Probability) and its effect on project objectives if the risk event occurs (Risk Severity = Impact Score). This information will be used to prioritize the risk using established threshold criteria.
- Risk Prioritization - Risks that meet the threshold criteria will be so noted in the Risk Register. These Risks will be prioritized.
- Risk Response Planning – For each risk in the Risk Register that is above the Risk Threshold:
- Determine the options and actions to reduce the likelihood or consequences of impact to the project’s objectives
- Determine the response based on a cost/benefit analysis (cost vs. expected effectiveness)
- Describe the actions to be taken to mitigate the risk
- Describe the Signs and Symptoms that may be indicators of Risk Event occurrence
- Describe the actions to be taken when the risk event occurs (contingency plan)
- Assign responsibilities for each agreed-upon response
- Assign a “due date” where risk responses are time-sensitive
- Determine impact on project budget and schedule and make appropriate changes or additions to the project plan.
- Incorporate this information into the Risk Register

Last edited by a moderator:

DannyK

Trusted Information Resource
The way you would address the risk requirement depends on the complexity of what you will be delivering. If it is a new system that you are responsible for designing is different than if you are delivering a part within your capabilities.

Usually companies look at delivery, technological, and price risks. They have a checklist for new jobs and for repeat jobs.

I would suggest you keep the risk assessment simple.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
This might be a very complex issue. No single answer fits all scenarios.

Ask Airbus about the consequences of the harness configuration risks for the A380 program. Ask Boeing about the risks of outsourcing tremendous amount of complex engineering work, which used to be done in house, associated with the fact that the 787 programs brings a boat-load of new technologies.

Both organizations use 9100 certified suppliers. Do you think their suppliers did an effective risk assessment of these two new programs? A single sentence in AS9100 might lead to tremendous amount of work. But if you don't want to disappoint your customers with (up to) 24 month delivery delays, such work needs to be done. And in a serious manner.

howste

Thaumaturge
As Sidney suggests, risk management is being increasingly emphasized in the aerospace world. In the text of the current version of AS9100 risk is only mentioned once. In the latest draft version, it's mentioned 16 times.

By the end of the year when the new version of AS9100 is released, there will be a new Risk Management clause (7.1.2) in the standard. Take a peek at the proposed changes in a draft AS9100 version. The final version should be similar to this.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
By the end of the year when the new version of AS9100 is released, there will be a new Risk Management clause (7.1.2) in the standard. Take a peek at the proposed changes in a draft AS9100 version. The final version should be similar to this.
Howste, it was good to see you again, last week. Too bad you missed the second day of the workshop. Note that I posted a copy of the presentation on the 9100 changes in this post. It was an interesting discussion.

howste

Thaumaturge
Howste, it was good to see you again, last week. Too bad you missed the second day of the workshop. Note that I posted a copy of the presentation on the 9100 changes in this post. It was an interesting discussion.

It was great to see you too, Sidney. :agree1: I was hoping they'd go over the changes on Monday, but alas... Fortunately I did get the flash drive with the presentations before I had to go.

Top Bottom