AS9100 D ESD Ground

Smchandler

Involved In Discussions
Question what AS9100 clause is most closely related to the requirement of ESD equipment used in production to be grounded? I suspect 8.5.1b or 8.5.1 d,
8.5.1 "the organization shall implement production and service provision under controlled conditions; controlled conditions shall include as applicable.

B, the availability, and use of suitable monitoring and measuring resources.

D. The use of suitable infrastructure and environment for the operation of processes.

Smchandler

Involved In Discussions
Question what AS9100 clause is most closely related to the requirement of ESD equipment used in production to be grounded? I suspect 8.5.1b or 8.5.1 d,
8.5.1 "the organization shall implement production and service provision under controlled conditions; controlled conditions shall include as applicable.

B, the availability, and use of suitable monitoring and measuring resources.

D. The use of suitable infrastructure and environment for the operation of processes.
Or maybe it is 8.5.4 c preservation, the organization shall preserve the outputs during production and service provision to the extent necessary to ensure conformity to requirements
C special handling and storage for sensitive products.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I think your ideas are reasonable as in they could relate to the need to protect ESD sensitive product from ESD.

7.1.4 Environment for the Operation of Processes could also apply. "The organization shall determine, provide, and maintain the environment necessary for the operation of its processes and to achieve conformity of products and services."

What is the context of the question? What "ESD equipment" are you speaking of?

Top Bottom