Assembling an ISO Steering Team

K

Ka Pilo

Hello Cove,

We want to release an email blast to team members that will persuade qualified people to join our ISO/5S Team. We are thinking of calling them The Incredibles.
Please attached file. We thought the message to be something like that… Also, we will welcome those who have already given their intention to join.

Please give your comments and suggestions to make this better.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JRKH

Looks pretty good but I don't think I'd be looking for either OC or Perfectionists. Those who truly fit these descriptions will likely prove a detriment.
Instead I would ask for people who are "detail oriented"

Peace
James

C

CGarveyX

I agree with James. You also need people that can make decisions, keep the project going and see the big picture as well as the details when necessary. I don't know how big your company is, but we tried to keep our steering team relatively small (5-7 people for a 100 person machine shop). While we wanted discussions, too many opinions can slow the process down.

We also tried to get representation from experts in each or our key process areas to help with the big picture and understanding of the interaction between processes. Then, as needed, we brought in other members of the organization to help with any details the steering team might not fully understand and to ensure what we developed worked for them.

J

JaneB

Looks pretty good but I don't think I'd be looking for either OC or Perfectionists. Those who truly fit these descriptions will likely prove a detriment.
Instead I would ask for people who are "detail oriented"

Peace
James
Yes, I agree. I'd drop both of those... (and apart from anything else, it gives a false idea of what quality is, and reduces it to nitpickiness in my view).

The main attribute I'd be looking for in a team member is someone who wants to help improve things. Then hopefully you can look for a spread of skills/experience among those, incoluding CGarvey's good suggestions.

Top Bottom