Calibration Method According to ISO Guide 25

M

MRANGEL

calibration method according iso guide-25

Hello I´m working in a calibration company trying to get ISO guide-25 acreditation in mexico and I would like to know if somebody can help to define a calibration method, it means if somebody could tell me which information I must include or if I can get an example from some internet site.

Thanks

M.Rangel
Reynosa, Mexico.

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
If I understand your question correctly, you would like a standard which defines how to write calibration methods (procedures). National Conference of Standards Laboratories is located at NCSL-HQ.org , and has available for sale a set of recommended practices for operation of a calibration laboratory, including how to write calibration methods (among other areas). I have long used their recommended practices.

------------------

K

Ken K

NCSL Recommended Practice RP-3 is very usefull for writing calibration procedures.

J

JerryStem

As far as a method of calibrating, I believe you can make your own as well, especially if there isn't any readily available method for what you do (ASTM, etc...)

(We are also accredited Guide 25 and used the ASTM methods available, supplemented with our own.)

Jerry

R

Ryan Wilde

(Back on my soapbox)

Since you are going through ISO Guide 25/17025 accreditation, it is VERY important that you realize that when the standard mentions 'Method', it is just that - a method, such as contact comparison. When it mentions 'Procedure' it is your written procedure that you use to follow the method. If you are writing procedures, then the NCSL-I RP-3 is wonderful, and your assessor will recognize the layout of your procedure. The procedure should, whenever possible, reference where you obtained the method.

Example: Gauge blocks - You write a local procedure for calibrating gauge blocks, and you have a nice table citing the tolerances. Let's say that you obtained these tolerances from ISO 3650. You should state after the table "Tolerances from ISO 3650, Page X, Table Y.". This will allow your assessor to know that you didn't pull tolerances and methods out of a hat.

/Soapbox

Ryan

D

David D Stauffer

MRangle, Just so happens, I have procedures and work instructions for over 70 gages and measuring instruments. If interested, e-mail me: [email protected]
ps they have already passed ISO audits and comply with qs9000.

Top Bottom