Calibration Traceability - Fluke 753 dpc with thermocouple Calibrated by Fluke

neoth

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

I have a fluke 753 dpc and i decide to send in to fluke for calibration.

But from the sample cert they send me, fluke only calibrate thermocouple type k measure and source.

My question here is if i use type T for measure and source, and when i issue accredited cert to my customer, is my cert still traceable to fluke cert? Is it still consider iso 17025?

Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Re: traceability question

If Fluke will not use a Type T for calibration if you request it, perhaps you would be better off sending it somewhere else...

Something to consider...

BradM

Staff member
Admin
Basically what they are doing is verifying the accuracy of the meter for thermocouples using one curve. There are multiple different curves in the meter (K, J, T, N, S, etc.) So if the millivolt and cold junction compensator is verified to be accurate, then it's just an electronic curve thing to switch from T/C to T/C.

What you should do is contact Fluke and ask if they can check your meter with Type T instead of K.

I am intrigued regarding your issuing an accreditation certificate to your customer. Are you using the Fluke meter to calibrate something for your customer? The Fluke 753 is a process meter; and I wouldn't consider it suitable for calibrating much; especially temperature.

neoth

Involved In Discussions
Hi Brad,

Yes i am using this fluke 753 to calibrate my customer type T temperature indicator using simulation method.

I tried I to contact fluke to use type T but they told me it is a standard procedure and they cant change it.

So can my issued cert be traceable to fluke cert if i am using T?

Hi Neoth,

The thermocouple functions on process calibrators work on a voltage generated from the two different kinds of metals used in the thermocouple production. If the type k thermocouple measure function passes calibration on the cert, then type T will work just fine. Same for source. It is a voltage signal being tested, not actual temperature.

The thermocouple itself is a different standard, so watch yourself if you are measuring actual temperature.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Fluke Digital MultiMeter Calibration Traceability and Certificate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
A Validation of Calibration Methods and Traceability - ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
T In house Calibration? Measurement equipment traceability requirements - ISO9001 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
Raffy ISO 13485 NIST Traceability requirements for calibration of test equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Is NIST traceability required if a Refractometer calibration is done in-house? Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
P Importance of Calibration Traceability to the SI General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
R Torque Tester Calibration Traceability and Certificate question ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Pipette Calibration & ISO 8655 - No NIST Standard(s) Traceability ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
W Calibration Register - Traceability - Data Transfer to a New System General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
D Calibration Traceability meet AS9100C Requirement? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R Traceability for Mercury Argon Calibration Source to Calibrate a Spectrometer? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
T Class "F" Weight "Certificate of Traceability" Requirements - Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
D Equipment calibration standard traceability - The basis used for calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
R Outside Calibration - Accredited, certified - Is NIST traceability guaranteed? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
A Calibration traceability - Profile projector General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Marc Calibration is the process of establishing a KNOWN RELATIONSHIP - Traceability General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
G Tool tracebility and First calibration requirements for aerospace (AS9100) organisation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Calibration of Digital thermometer with surface probe General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
T Calibration or Verification -> Cm and Cmk, etc. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
Q Quality Technician (calibration / metrology) - Memphis, TN Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 1
G Is repeatability required for equipment calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
was named killer AS 9100D - Calibration Instructions - Controlled documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
B Photovoltaic Tester Calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
B Temperature loop: partial calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
G Glass scale calibration at 74 degrees F? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Digital Timer Calibration Requirements General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Ron Rompen Barcode Verifier Calibration and Use Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 5
S Is Optical Parallel Set required calibration? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
A Calibration of Power Supplies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Calibration Process Flow Map Example Wanted General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
M Calibration or Verification? What terminology to use ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
N Calibration Requirements for Production Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Calibration Equipment Selection General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
D Sample Calibration SOP for ISO 13485 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
L Calibration of Plug Gauges - Tolerancing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L In house calibration - Our CMM's are outside certified can I use them to certify our standards General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
R Standard Filter for Calibration Colorimeter ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
J Documenting a Calibration Interval Extension Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
F Calibration certificate content - Average Value and True Value ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
B Oscilloscope - AC gain calibration General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
G Is it common to do a repeatability check during calibration of an instrument? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Adjustment of Calibration Intervals (Shortening or Lengthen) Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
A Calibration required by OEM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
S ISO17020 - Equipment calibration requirement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
H Can a calibration lab still use ISO 6789:2003 as guide for torque calibrations Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
H Calibration of InfraRan Vapor Analyzer - where to get calibration for SF6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
L Calibration Frequency for Surftest SJ-400 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
C External Laboratories and OEM Calibration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
V Ammeter calibration - Measuring head (on pic.) problem General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1