Can a company be registered to ISO 9001:1994?

B

Brenda Mundroff

Once 9000:2000 is issued in Nov., 2000, can a company be registered to 9000:1994?

R

rmilholland

I have read that there is a 3 year transition period for companies that are already certified to 1994, but once 2000 is out, you must be certified to it.

------------------
If you want it done right, do it yourself.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Once the 2000 version is out, there won't be much sense in registering to a 'dead' document. Besides, the 2000 version is not that big a change.

B

Brenda Mundroff

What if you are in the process of registering a large organization and are about 1/3 already registered to the 1994 standard? Wouldn't it be nice to finish on one standard and then "upgrade" to the new version?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I started with my clients back in January. I wouldn't even consider the 1994 version at this point. I don't even want clients to SEE the 1994 version. My suggestion? Draw up a matrix and address the 'proposed' Y2000 version issues now.

R

rmilholland

I talked with a couple of registrars today and their interpretation is that there is a 3 year transition after implementation of 2000. So if you are in process to 1994 you can still be certified, but the certification will only extend to the 3 year cut off point for 2000. Then after that 2000 is mandatory.

Top Bottom