Can only one group within the whole division get ISO certified?

M

Meggie

My organization has different groups spread across the country. There are no different group names or department names for such groups. Every group falls under one company name "Company X". Between us, we call them, let's say, "Tom's group", or "Jim's Group", etc..

The question is, Can we get "Tom's group" ISO certified only, without involving the rest of the groups/company? Is it possible? Can "Company X" be ISO certified this way? Thanks.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Meggie said:
My organization has different groups spread across the country. There are no different group names or department names for such groups. Every group falls under one company name "Company X". Between us, we call them, let's say, "Tom's group", or "Jim's Group", etc..

The question is, Can we get "Tom's group" ISO certified only, without involving the rest of the groups/company? Is it possible? Can "Company X" be ISO certified this way? Thanks.
Yes, as a matter of fact registration(the correct term) is by location.

Randy

Super Moderator
Sure meggie, no problem as Al said. The issues are all worked out by contact in the scope of the registration.

BTW...welcome to the Cove. :bigwave:

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Like they said! :agree1: Scope and location. For example, my location is registered to ISO 9001:2000, and falling under the scope of our registration are our two Sales locations situated elsewhere.

Sales just happens to be in buildings where other stuff happens (relating to the company's many sites), but only Sales is deemed "registered" by the scope of our registration.

Top Bottom