Changing a Form Template & Updating Records

A

adubu

Good morning. I've got a unique situation. When our manuals were written, the form templates included the manual issue # & manual issue effective date in the header. Consequently, each record has "Manual Issue: 2" on the hard copy, and now the Manual Issue is #3.

I've eliminated the manual issue # & date from the forms header in the latest form version, but is it okay to go back and put the old record data (unchanged) into the new form, so that they're not tied with an actual manual issue # ?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Are your referring to records which were made when manual 2 was in place?

A

adubu

Correct. Records were made while issue #2 was in place.
Thanks in advance.

Marc

Leader
Let the records remain as they are. They're old records and were made under the manual 2 form. It doesn't matter that they are "tied" to an old manual. It would be wise to have an archived manual 2, though.

Rule of thumb is never revise data/records.

Somewhat related: Modifying an old printed record

A

adubu

Thank you for your advice.

What if I'd like to include those records in manual #3? #3 would be pretty bare without those records.

I suppose I need to research proper filing techniques for archived records with regard to our hard-copy manual (binder).

Any suggestions on how to file them for archival purposes in issue #3 binder? Perhaps just a section for "archived records"?

Thanks again for your help. I can't tell you how appreciative I am of having a little guidance.

Marc

Leader
What is the manual you are referring to? A quality systems manual?

Marc

Leader
Your system should be set up so that your quality systems manual is separate from records. Adding records to a manual is something I have never seen done.

Marc

Leader
Thank you for your advice.

What if I'd like to include those records in manual #3? #3 would be pretty bare without those records.
Each should have their own binder.

I suppose I need to research proper filing techniques for archived records with regard to our hard-copy manual (binder).
Just file them in a filing cabinet.

Any suggestions on how to file them for archival purposes in issue #3 binder? Perhaps just a section for "archived records"?
That sounds like a duplication of the records. Just file the old records in a binder and store it in a file cabinet or book shelf.

Don't over complicate things. Each is a separate thing and typically should be kept separate.

A

adubu

Thanks for the info. Ours was done with the procedures manual, form templates and Records in the same binder, albeit, subdivided into sections. I assume it'd be good to separate as you said.

Top Bottom