Choosing a Registrar - Registrar Recommendations

Mikey324

Quite Involved in Discussions
If an organization sees no value and there is no contractual mandate, the only logical answer is to drop the cert. Based on the dwindling numbers of ISO 9001 certificates in the USA, I think many companies have made that call.

Yep, I would agree.

Randy

Super Moderator
If an organization sees no value and there is no contractual mandate, the only logical answer is to drop the cert. Based on the dwindling numbers of ISO 9001 certificates in the USA, I think many companies have made that call.
Yep, correct, just had one do that a few weeks ago

Mikey324

Yep, correct, just had one do that a few weeks ago

Just wondering what the powers that be in CB's, ISO, IATF, etc plan to do about it? The standards are only good if organizations subscribe to them (buy them, pay for 3rd party audits). The answer can't be continue to raise audit day charges and fees...

Randy

Super Moderator
Just wondering what the powers that be in CB's, ISO, IATF, etc plan to do about it? The standards are only good if organizations subscribe to them (buy them, pay for 3rd party audits). The answer can't be continue to raise audit day charges and fees...
Mike in this case they made a similar product to spec for 2 different customers, neither of which absolutely required 9K certification (both products, and a variety of model types did basically the same thing, plug them in and they made a LOUD noise....Trust me you'd recognize the labels). Overall business has plummeted and they could no longer justify the expense. In this case an absolute correct business decision for them at this time. (My personal opinion of course).

mattador78

NADCAP is one ive seen a lot of walking away from with our customers. We are now processing parts where previously they required NADCAP but are now happy if the process is approved and independant testing shows compliance at our end. We had always seen NADCAP as something what wouldnt add value due to its cost and had steered away.

Top Bottom