College FOOTBALL - 2012

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
True, I hope it IS clean. Weren't there other NCAA coaches who had this issue too? I know in bball Larry Eustachy from Iowa St was photographed partying at a college party and Rick Pitino had sex at a restaurant while he was at Kentucky or was it Louisville?

Mangino at Kansas hit his players....

I dunno, it has GOT to be stressful to produce all the time and available 24/7. Just to get to that position is that way. Interning and living in your car like one of the coaches that I can't name did.

You must REALLY love the job or are demented or both....:lmao:

I agree...the pressure to perform and moral clauses for both players and coaches at the college level is absurd. But when you deal in a multi-billion dollar business, greed surfaces!

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
You know, he dipped the wick in the company ink well. He screwed up in that regard.

I do not blame him for an affair, but he kept it too close to home. Hell, an 18 yo? If she were cute in a bikini I would be tempted too.

So he could not keep it in his pants. Does not mean he is a bad coach. But he may be a good coach elsewhere.

Randy

Super Moderator
Ya know, the "DUH" factor came into play and the "Bull&hit" meter pegged when it came out he had hired a blonde, 26 year old cutie to head up the football recruiting program....PAAA-LEEESE! How many people do you think he fooled about her having expertise in college/potential national champion contendor football and beating out over 150 other applicants?

I never met a gal worth $3.7 million (not to mention the $20,000 he paid her in cash...probably out of friendship of course)

If the young lady was swift in the head she could probably get Gloria Allred to file a REDACTED harrassment suit against U of A over her being hired for a sex toy or that sex was used a provision of employment...Her word against Petrino and he's now a documented teller of falsehoods.

The really bad thing in all this is the recruiting program and some young men already changing their minds about Arkansas. This is no doubt going to effect the whole SEC.

Oh well, anyone want a coaching job?

G

gbcqc

People should just make sure the moral clause is accurate.
"I have morals, they are just low".:lmao:

Randy

Super Moderator
I sent a letter saying that I would do the job for 1/3 the salary, can keep my britches on, and wouldn't hire people because they're "chickey-babes"..Whadya wanna bet I won't get an answer?

P

palmer

If a woman in a place of power approached you and offered a job to you that paid very well as long as you made yourself "available" to her would you take the job?

If you were a recent college grad?

Q

Quality-Geek

I think it is a mistake by Mizzou and probably Nebraska as well as Colorado who were from the old Big 8. Some of those rivalries go back to a century ago.

I'm a Nebraska girl - born and raised here for the most part. Huskers are like a religion around here. There were a lot of fans that were not happy about losing the rivalry - especially with the Sooners! A lot of people were upset about the change to the Big 10. However, they were also upset about a lot of issues with TX that I don't even begin to understand. We've now gone most of a year in the Big 10 and most of us fans are pretty happy with how it's gone.

I wonder if any of the other Big 8 schools are thinking about leaving...

Randy

Super Moderator
If a woman in a place of power approached you and offered a job to you that paid very well as long as you made yourself "available" to her would you take the job?

If you were a recent college grad?

You're asking ME? The answer is and would have been NO! Down here we call that prostitution.

Top Bottom