Controlling SharePoint List to ISO 9001

Silex7

Involved In Discussions
Hi, I am so confused about this issue, and I hope anyone can guide me.

I used to have a pdf document for "Interested Parties" and other listed documents and forms like; 'Calibration List',.etc.
Now, we have started to migrate to digital DMS on Sharepoint, and I started to migrate all listed documents as a SharePoint List. I used to have a control number for each document list e.g. ABC-F-XXX.

My question is how to assign the document control number to the SharePoint list as objective evidence through ISO 9001 Audit?

If I just place the Document code beside the SharePoint list name, I think this really doesn't make sense.

I appreciate anyone can help.

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
There's no requirement that you have a controlled document containing interested parties! It's just information to help you manage.

Silex7

Involved In Discussions
Hi Yodon. My question is not concerning IPs’ specifically. I am speaking here on behave of any listed documents such; Document Master List, Calibration list or any other listed documents required by ISO 9001
How can we control this document as a SharePoint list?

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
Again, I think you're creating requirements that don't exist. There's nothing that requires a (controlled or otherwise) document master list or calibration list.

bigbartman

Starting to get Involved
From a SharePoint perspective you have a list that you are creating a list item and then attaching the document to the list?
If this is true it would be better managed using a document library where SharePoint can track different document revisions. I would suggest that the original documents be stored on SharePoint and not a PDF copy of them. You can use the permissions to make sure that people have the correct access level based on what they need.
The document number can be known as the name or title of the document as part of the metadata in the file.
If you really want to use the list function of Sharepoint as your document storage just create another column in the list and add your document control numbers to it.

Randy

Super Moderator
Do whatever you want and whatever works best for you. I'm an auditor, that's all I do, and I couldn't care less as long as control is effective.

Silex7

Involved In Discussions
From a SharePoint perspective you have a list that you are creating a list item and then attaching the document to the list?
If this is true it would be better managed using a document library where SharePoint can track different document revisions. I would suggest that the original documents be stored on SharePoint and not a PDF copy of them. You can use the permissions to make sure that people have the correct access level based on what they need.
The document number can be known as the name or title of the document as part of the metadata in the file.
If you really want to use the list function of Sharepoint as your document storage just create another column in the list and add your document control numbers to it.
No, I am not attaching a document to the list, I am making the document itself as a list.
I have another document library, which I've made what you kindly mentioned. I listed the documents in the library and then added a column for Doc. code number, so that each document is assigned with its code. But in case of SharePoint list, it's little bit different as the list itself is listed in the SP. I though about just naming the code after the list name in the list headline.

Silex7

Involved In Discussions
Do whatever you want and whatever works best for you. I'm an auditor, that's all I do, and I couldn't care less as long as control is effective.
Randy I couldn't agree more. We're always work to satisfy the auditor not the standard or our management system. I believe so, but i was just setting kind of an armor to my system to avoid any nonsense critics.

bigbartman

Starting to get Involved
No, I am not attaching a document to the list, I am making the document itself as a list.
I have another document library, which I've made what you kindly mentioned. I listed the documents in the library and then added a column for Doc. code number, so that each document is assigned with its code. But in case of SharePoint list, it's little bit different as the list itself is listed in the SP. I though about just naming the code after the list name in the list headline.
Ok thanks, that’s clearer. We don’t have a separate list. The library is the list. The search feature is the common why to find the documents that people are looking for unless they know what department folder they need to look in.

Randy

Super Moderator
We're always work to satisfy the auditor not the standard or our management system.
Then that's where you're 100% wrong, you going to change stuff every year to satisfy a different auditor? I've gone places where I was the 3rd different person doing the annual surveillance. You're sticking it to yourself dry with added sand trying to make some knuckleheaded auditor happy.

I believe so, but i was just setting kind of an armor to my system to avoid any nonsense critics.
Critics? Flitter, I was a Marine Infantryman during the Vietnam War and then cop in Arkansas, whatever criticism you get over scraps of paper are piddly poo, and every armor can be defeated, there's always a weakness.

Top Bottom