Determining Competence - Understanding clause 6.2.2 a) of ISO9001:2008

Q

qualitymanager

And, some of the changes in the standard were made so when the wording was translated into foreign langauges the meaning would be clearer than in the 2000 version.

jelly1921

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'm a little late responding, but my reading in between the lines is the difference between part quality versus overall customer satisfaction. To me, Product Quality = Part conformance to specifications. Conformity to product requirements = part conformance plus all other requirements established by the customer (i.e. On time delivery, delivery requirements, packaging requirements, etc.,)

All in all, I agree it's splitting hairs.

I agree.
The old one had narrow scope.
Beyond that, conformity to product requirements also = communication skills and attitudes to the customer (that definitely influnces the customer's feeling about organization --- customer satisfaction)

V

volcanopetal

Can any one give few examples of other actions (6.2.2 b) to be taken apart from training.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Can any one give few examples of other actions (6.2.2 b) to be taken apart from training.

Examples of "other actions":
  • Help screens on a computer
  • Process/practice observations
  • Product samples
  • Models
  • Mockups
Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Makrab

Involved In Discussions
Examples of "other actions":
  • Help screens on a computer
  • Process/practice observations
  • Product samples
  • Models
  • Mockups
Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

And even if all these methods doesn't work, that fellow must be fired...!!! That is what our Operations Manager said during ISO awareness Program....!!! :tg:

W

world quality

6.2.2(a)
a) determine the necessary competence for personnel performing work affecting conformity to product requirements,

From top management (QMS) down: What needs to happen at each stage, department, to accomplish this. Define what competence, training and compliance is required.

It is very simply stated.

Top Bottom