Did Ken throw away his game?

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Iam very surprised watching Ken’s game today. Usually he builds up a lead of $5000 before double jeopardy and at least $10000 lead before final jeopardy . Final jeopardy use to be ceremonial to increase his earnings. He lost many questions today, maintained thin lead and lost final jeopardy. This is very unlike Ken. He is extremely smart and knows answers from every possible subject. May be he is too tired playing too long (74th game), did he decide to give some one else the opportunity and throw off the game?

https://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=televisionNews&storyID=6959581

Regards,
Govind.

Randy

Super Moderator
Hard to say, he may have burnt out. I can tell you from my experience that doing just one show will wear you down because of the tension and pace. I think I read that he wanted to try for 100 wins.

L

little__cee

try-out was grueling

I tried out for the show - didn't make the cut - but just the try-out was exhausting. More so than I would have imagined. So I can only imagine what this guy had to go through with all of those tapings.

Randy

Super Moderator
How'd you like the test?

I had to go up against 2 people that had PhD's in everything.... In the end I got a Jeopardy game and to meet Alex.

The final Jeopardy question is "What Verdi opera opened in Cairo, Egypt?" How the devil would I know, I'm a helicopter mechanic that was a former Arkansas cop and a Marine Grunt?

Answer: Ieda (I had it on the tip of my tongue...yeah right!)

B

Bill Pflanz

Randy said:
How'd you like the test?

I had to go up against 2 people that had PhD's in everything.... In the end I got a Jeopardy game and to meet Alex.

The final Jeopardy question is "What Verdi opera opened in Cairo, Egypt?" How the devil would I know, I'm a helicopter mechanic that was a former Arkansas cop and a Marine Grunt?

Answer: Ieda (I had it on the tip of my tongue...yeah right!)

Randy,

I know the Jeopardy rules do not require correct spelling but the answer is What is Aida? You must not do many crossword puzzles either since it appears in them quite often.

As far as your lack of knowledge, can we attribute it to the failures of the education system in not recognizing that our future mechanics, cops and Marine Grunts will need to know operas to earn $2.5 million on Jeopardy? :biglaugh:

By the way, I think the producers went back through the various shows and tried to find topics that Ken may not know. I just wonder how big of a Seinfeld fan a Mormon from Utah is. Also the double Jeopardy questions were not very easy which is how he normally got way in front. That said, it is surprising that he got the final question wrong since he has shown a real aptitude for using logic to come up with the correct response.

Bill Pflanz

Randy

Super Moderator
Ieda, Aida...poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-to. OK, who cares as long as the fat lady sang in the end? :lol:

I still lost!

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I don't know if he threw it away, but I do know this....if I'm ever on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", I want Ken Jennings to be my phone-a-friend lifeline! :D

B

Bill Pflanz

Since we are exchanging useless trivia knowledge, my favorite is:

What is the four letter word for Bacchanalian war cry?

There must be other crossword players out there.

Bill

Top Bottom