Documentation and procedures to support AS9100 Clause 7.1e

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Since Johnas didn't quote a previous post, I couldn't tell if it was AS9100 or AS9101 that was being offered. :confused: I don't have the latest draft, but the newest draft of AS9101 that I have says © IAQG.

K

kiwisfly

You're right Howste, but what does © IAQG mean? Did you pay for your copy? I think it should be posted here so that we can all learn more about what is in it and discuss how it should be used (IMHO).

Cheers,

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Just like we saw with the ISO 9001 revision process, the early versions of the draft documents were circulated semi-freely to allow for comments. As we got closer to the final standard, the DIS and FDIS versions were no longer made public.

The same principle applies here. Even though the 9101 revision is the most contentious I've ever experienced, we are getting closer to the final document. The IAQG 9101 re-write team dispositioned close to 400 comments offered to the previous draft of the standard.

Remember that the actual documents are published by Standards Bodies, such as SAE, AECMA and JISQ. These organizations make money from selling standards, and the profits are also used to support the standards development committees.

D

DeborahL

Re: AS9100 Clause 7.1e

Has Revision "C" been officially released? :notme:

Yes AS9100C has been released, but it is not yet a standard that can be audited because none of the auditors have been trained to audit to this standard.I am certified to AS9100B and work for several registrars, we have been told that the training will be sometime in the third or fourth quarter of 2010.

Top Bottom