Does anyone have a Powerpoint template for Management Review?

G

Greg B

ISO Cheesy said:
Nicely said Wes....

I’ll attach a few that I have. First one I kinda gave a crash course on the 2000 standard, but not in much detail, I didn't want to put them to sleep.

Never mind...the file is too big. If you like I could send to you via e-mail just let me know.

Cheesy,

I've seen your Powerpoint Presentations and quickly hid them from my Boss. They were great but I'm sure I would never get home if I attempted to Graph ALL of that Information. I know we want too but I don't know where I am going to find the time. Maybe I should do a 'time in motion study' of myself. :ko:

We are this week deciding on a new approach to 'Managemet Reviews'. We call them the 'Continous Imporvement Council' (CIC) and all managers and Senior Supervisors attend quarterly. Our problem, at this stage, is that the Follow up actions are not being completed (attempted). This week the General Manager has come in with a big stick and basically given me a free rein. He and the Operations Manager want a clean slate. ALL managers are to attend and THEY will monitor thier Inputs and Outputs. It will be good if they keep it up. We are having weekly meetings until we come up with a better approach to quality across the board. Starting Agenda items include:

Quality Plan Review (Business Plan)
Quality Organisation (Culture etc)
Changes to the CI Council
Review Quality Investigations
Review ALL Standard Procedures (again) - We are 9K2K
Status of Customer Complaints (Reporting, Recording, Action etc)
Status of Imporvement Suggestions

Greg B

G

Greg B

Douglas E. Purdy said:
Crodge,

Attached is a general Powerpoint Presentation for a Management Review. Because of the many different people presenting Process Performance and Product Conformance Measures I tend to just place a title slide and then have them present whatever they have prepared.

Hope this helps!

Doug

Doug,

The template spells out most of the stuff we address. It looks good.

Crodge,

Did you want a template that you could add info to or did you want us to offer advice on what we put in our Procedure etc? I think Doug and Cheesy have show excellent versions. I have PPT on the new prionciples of 2000. I think it is called 'Why Quality' and it is some thread or another. You'd have to search my Posts. Sorry I don't know how to place a hyperlink for another thread.

Greg B

I

ISO Cheesy

Greg B said:
We are this week deciding on a new approach to 'Managemet Reviews'. We call them the 'Continous Imporvement Council' (CIC) and all managers and Senior Supervisors attend quarterly. Our problem, at this stage, is that the Follow up actions are not being completed (attempted). This week the General Manager has come in with a big stick and basically given me a free rein. He and the Operations Manager want a clean slate. ALL managers are to attend and THEY will monitor thier Inputs and Outputs. It will be good if they keep it up. We are having weekly meetings until we come up with a better approach to quality across the board. Starting Agenda items include:

Quality Plan Review (Business Plan)
Quality Organisation (Culture etc)
Changes to the CI Council
Review Quality Investigations
Review ALL Standard Procedures (again) - We are 9K2K
Status of Customer Complaints (Reporting, Recording, Action etc)
Status of Imporvement Suggestions

Greg B

I like your agenda Greg; I had the same problem with the action items not getting done. It sounds like you guys know where you need to go, so you’re a few steps ahead of me. I went through a mgt review and the only actions items that came out of the 4 hour meeting where things like....
“Next time could you make that one chart in Indigo Blue?” And “I would like to see bigger font in the next presentation” oh and my favorite one “Next time you need to ask about lunch, some of us are vegetarians”

I have yet to be a part of an mgt review that truly embraces the standard so I had to work with the data that was available to me. The more I learn about the 2000 standard I have come to realize that mgt review input needs to come from more then the QA department. Has anyone seen or witness a mgt review that includes inputs from things called out in the 9004 standard?
Like:Marketplace evaluations and strategies...

Thanks for input Carri and Greg!!

Cheesy

Last edited by a moderator:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
ISO Cheesy said:
I have yet to be a part of an mgt review that truly embarrasses the standard...
Thank goodness for that! :eek:

I've seen some pretty good management reviews that included many of the inputs suggested in 9004. They've typically been at companies that didn't start a "quality" management review when they implemented ISO 9001, but integrated the MR requirements into existing business management meetings.

I

ISO Cheesy

howste said:
Thank goodness for that! :eek:

I've seen some pretty good management reviews that included many of the inputs suggested in 9004. They've typically been at companies that didn't start a "quality" management review when they implemented ISO 9001, but integrated the MR requirements into existing business management meetings.

Opps :bonk: embraces

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
No brag - just fact

ISO Cheesy said:
. . .
Has anyone seen or witness a mgt review that includes inputs from things called out in the 9004 standard?
Like:Marketplace evaluations and strategies...

Thanks for input Carri and Greg!!

Cheesy
Pretty much what I've been doing for over twenty years is "holistic" management review where we explore ALL the processes and subsequent ramifications in our organization, ranging from
  • how do we answer a phone and direct a caller?
to
  • are we exploiting the fact we give a customer unitized packaging to make his inventory control easy?
We certainly include review of our sales strategies
  • are we pricing correctly?
  • is this customer REALLY profitable?
  • should we be in this market?
  • should we be making this product?
  • etc.
We also review stuff like
  • outsourcing vs. in-house production
  • training
  • regulatory updates
  • suggestion box items (anonymous and signed)
  • changes pending or accomplished at customers and suppliers
We don't go into a management review to just flap jaws. All info on the agenda is distributed far in advance of the actual review meeting. Suggestions for action are submitted in advance of the meeting and distributed to all.

When the meeting occurs, we waste no time in "informing" any participant about an item. The meeting participant is there to do two things:
  1. be prepared to defend his proposed action item
  2. vote on implementing or not implementing the suggested action.
Meeting rarely lasts long enough to worry about lunch menu.

Our meetings are frequent enough that all items requiring multiple managers participating are dealt with in a due and timely fashion. One person chairs the meeting and makes no bones about telling a "showboat" his comments are out of order and should have been distributed prior to the meeting. If only one manager is required to make a decision, there probably is no meeting, just a review of data from as many sources as necessary.

Our big deal is regular and periodic review of management action items to determine their efficacy. No "candy coating" is tolerated - we let the chips fall where they may.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
What a difference 8 years makes in technology! I wrote about making disk copies of a presentation. Today, we can put the whole thing up in the Cloud for folks to access with computers, pads, phones. It is important to appear "with it" (meaning modern and up-to-date) when making a presentation to avoid looking like "same old, same old" and thus give more credence to your presentation. This does NOT mean, however, that a presentation should be complicated, merely that reality dictates PowerPoint versus overhead projectors or 35 mm slides. In some venues, you can have an interactive presentation regardless of where the audience is located. The key, however, is to stay within a budget commensurate with the project - don't spend $2,000 on a presentation which will show a savings of $10,000, but consider spending $10,000 (includes research man hours) on a presentation for a proposal for saving $1,000,000 or more.
Wow! Tough duty, Crodge
Does anyone have a Powerpoint template for Management Review?

Can you fit me into the budget? I'll come and do it as your assistant - you take the glory, I'll spend the rest of the time soaking up rays. I'd do a crash presentation for that kind of payoff!

Seriously - now we have a better idea of your situation.
Boss wants "show and tell" as part of a "management retreat"
My guess is you are not the only presenter on the AGENDA (nobody can justify a weekend retreat for management with just one small presentation!)

I don't think you can get away with asking one of the bosses to be a scribe during this kind of meeting. (Perhaps the boss might spring for steno or tape recorder to note questions and responses for later distribution to the audience.)

Concentrate on the basics and a "gap analysis" between past practices and your plan for implementing the updated version. Outline might be:
  1. This is where we want to go and why
  2. This is where we have been
  3. These are specific changes we need to implement
  4. These are things (tools, resources, training, etc) we need to implement changes
  5. Call to action (timetable, delegation of responsibility/authority, method of evaluation)
Trust me on this part: Concentrate on the outline and what you need to say to interest and influence this audience. Prepare the presentation as if you were just going to use posters or something. Decide to have plenty of handouts of sample checklists, description of interaction between internal audit and management review team, including suggested methods of publicizing and implementing management decisions and evaluating them after the management review is complete.

Spend your own money, if you have to, to find somebody (nerd, college kid, in-house art department, etc.) to convert your presentation into a snazzy set of PowerPoint (your company of 1,000 probably has standard templates with company logo and everything sitting around somewhere.)

Given the situation, location, and the audience, you cannot afford to use an amateurish slide set - it will detract too greatly from your presentation.

1. Once you have the PowerPoint set, practice, practice, practice!
  2. Make sure you know how to change slides effortlessly, without screwing up your oral presentation.
  3. Have printouts of slide set to distribute in case projector or computer screws up.
  4. Do not turn your back on the audience to look at screen
  5. Do not read the text on the slide aloud word for word - let audience do that silently.
  6. Offer to send copies of the presentation on disk to any audience member who requests one
  7. try to get videotape or at least audio tape of your presentation so you can review it later for improvement the next time you give such a presentation

A

Amy_060209

Re: A Generic MR Powerpoint

Thank you for your support, the PPT give me some inspiration.

Top Bottom