Elsmar Cove Forum - What an amazing place

N

newtoallthis

I came across this forum today while looking for some help and guidance from the internet (not always the best idea I know)
I would just like to say that after reading through a hand-full of threads I was amazed at the wealth of information, experience, and knowledge I found.
This forum is such a gem I just had to register (its the first one I have ever signed up to) as I know it will so so useful to me.

I have recently stepped into the family business (5 months ago I had never heard of ISO) and have only had some training with 9001.
The aim is for me to continue my professional development with 14001 and 18001 and implement Integrated Management Systems.

Until today I had felt quite alone and have been learning as I go along.
Self doubt and naivety creep in and I often wonder if what I am doing with regards to trying to meet the standards is right.

So once again I would just like to say a big thank you to everybody involved with this forum as I now know I have the guidance to make this a success

Wesley Richardson

Wes R
Trusted Information Resource
Re: What an amazing place

Welcome New to this place.

I think you will find a very large source of information about almost any topic relating to quality, and quite a few other topics as well. If you have a question, first do a Search for the topic. If you cannot find it, then post your question in the area your believe is the most relevant.

Elsmar Cove has members is all areas of quality, so you should be able to get help on any topic.

After you gain experience in your quality journey, then you can help others by answering their questions posted here.

Wes R.

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions

What a nice post from a new member! It probably sums up nicely the views of many on here when they first found the Cove. Certainly the sentiments are similar to mine.

I must admit that when I started out in Quality as my main role a whole year and a bit ago I used to use google to search for help on quality matters. I soon discovered that one site kept appearing on the first page and that was the cove. I now just search the cove and ignore the rest of the web for about 90% of my searches. In fact the only times I search the whole web for quality information it is after I have already read stuff on here and I just fancy seeing what else is out there. I certainly think for those new to the quality fields there is no real need to go anywhere else for information.

BTW I am new to this quality thing but I believe we all have views that can contribute. I might not have the technical expertise of many covers but I might see things with my eyes that is different to others and might help. Forums like this are contributory knowledge base. We all can contribute and I do (often). If it helps that is why we all contribute. If it doesn't then it is my honest input, just ignore it and move on.

To the OP on this thread - just as you got helped then you should help others. AS new to this as you are you have something new to contribute.

Sorry for the ramble.

L

lostmanager

I approve of this thread! This site has helped my transition from Inspector to Manager. I am registered to a lot of forums regarding cars, trucks and sports but they don't compare to Elsmar Cove. Its like free training. I really appreciate all the help from you guys and I hope to one day be able to answer questions from future members. The first thing I do in the morning is log onto to the site and review past post of what I am experiencing now.

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
Agree with above. First thing I look at in the morning at work. Well, I turn on outlook and open windows explorer on a folder of something I've been working on then go onto Elsmar Cove, got to have cover in case some boss comes in. Mind you, I reckon the cove is one forum that can class as work as well as pleasure. The information you get from here is work. Whilst the attitude, assistance, discussions and banter you get on here is pleasure.
I have been on quite a few forums over the years, mostly for leisure activities, and I always end up spending long periods away as they always seem to have periods of low activity or periods where the posters get too tight knit for my liking so I leave it alone for awhile. This forum is the only one I have been on regularly since joining.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
I came across this forum today while looking for some help and guidance from the internet (not always the best idea I know)
I would just like to say that after reading through a hand-full of threads I was amazed at the wealth of information, experience, and knowledge I found.
This forum is such a gem I just had to register (its the first one I have ever signed up to) as I know it will so so useful to me.

I have recently stepped into the family business (5 months ago I had never heard of ISO) and have only had some training with 9001.
The aim is for me to continue my professional development with 14001 and 18001 and implement Integrated Management Systems.

Self doubt and naivety creep in and I often wonder if what I am doing with regards to trying to meet the standards is right.

So once again I would just like to say a big thank you to everybody involved with this forum as I now know I have the guidance to make this a success

Its great to hear that the Cove is useful to you ... we all started here years back and are happliy glued ever since :)

somashekar

Leader
Admin

We thank you for your frank opinion and having been here for over 5 years, this has been an everyday day learning place for me. You get answers and opinions on your subject from north, south, east and west. You get to know how cultural diversity thinks and acts differently on the same subject.
Hence no question becomes a silly question and no two response may echo the same opinion. This sets you to think, and when you do so, you mature and your actions will become more meaningful. This COVE is just such a platform.
We welcome you here and look to see more of you in questions and responses.
All the very best ~~~

J

JRKH

Well I was going to say that your post could have been me when I found the cove...but I see others have already expressed this.

Welcome and you WILL find much help here from many wonderful folks who will start to feel like family - a bit dysfunctional maybe :bonk: :notme: - but definitely worth knowing...
They'll help you through whatever you need help on and before you know it, you'll be offering help to others too.

So - I agree - the Cove is an amazing place...Kudos to Marc and all the wonderful people who share so unselfishly.

James

Top Bottom