Gauge Design Standards

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Hopefully this is an appropriate area to ask this - if not please relocate to a more suitable area.

Being the hardworking dedicated and savings-oriented employee that I am :sarcasm:, I have jumped whole-heartedly into the company continuous improvement program, and have submitted a suggestion that we adopt a set of basic gauge design standards, so that we don't ALWAYS have to reinvent the wheel when we start a new program.

I have seen these before, containing information on materials, error-proofing devices, safety interlocks (if appropriate), ergonomic factors, etc etc. However, I am unable to actually LOCATE one anywhere to use as a reference guide.

Does anyone here have something similar to this that they would be willing to share? Since I made the suggestion, it will (of course) be ME that gets saddled with the responsibility of creating the damm thing :nopity: and so I might as well get a jump on it.

Thanks in advance.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Is this for hard gauging, measurement devices, any specific type?

This presentation offers guidelines for hard functional gauges. This is another functional gauge standard.

Last edited:

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks Miner. This is (ideally) going to be a catch-all standard for hard gauging, measurement devices, fixturing, etc. As much as I can catch under this umbrella.

Top Bottom