Has anyone used the "Certification Totals" feature on ANAB Website ?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
On the ANAB website, https://www.anab.org there is one section (left column; last row) titled "CERTIFICATION TOTALS" - when I click it opens up into a searchable database and asks for Certification Body Name, Standard and Country.

I tried using many options but the total number of records always shows "0".

Have any one tried this ?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Has anyone used the "Certification Totals" on ANAB Website ?

Some CB's have provided the information. Some have not. Makes you wonder when some CB's claim to be the largest in the World, but then are afraid to provide verifiable numbers to ANAB.

ANAB has not enforced the uploading of the database. So, the numbers there are totally outdated and unreliable.

Also, look at the How many companies have lost their ISO 9001 registration involuntarily? thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Sidney,

Will we ever have a trustworthy database of ISO-XXXXX registered organizations? Any new developments in this area? Could ANAB actually "force" Registrars to list their clients?

Stijloor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Will we ever have a trustworthy database of ISO-XXXXX registered organizations? Any new developments in this area? Could ANAB actually "force" Registrars to list their clients?
As I expressed, several times, we could have a real time, reliable and online database, IF we had true leadership at the right positions.

The Aerospace OASIS database is living proof that it can be done. From a technical standpoint, it is doable

But the lack of courage, vision, and leadership prevent the World from having such database. The ingredients for a successful database encompass:
  • being mandatory by the IAF
  • being administered by someone such as ISO themselves (revenue stream being wasted?):mg:
  • being maintained by the CB's
  • being heavily scrutinized by the AB's
  • being publicly and freely accessible on-line, real time.
It should be called the Vianna database....:D

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

It would have been great if ANAB enforces CBs to use this feature as it would be helpful to great number of organizations.

Randy

Super Moderator

Yeah, but then you get to the CB's that don't fall under ANAB accreditation. Just like Sid's and some of the other guys we have multiple accreditations.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Yeah, but then you get to the CB's that don't fall under ANAB accreditation. Just like Sid's and some of the other guys we have multiple accreditations.

I was searching data from those big CBs that have multiple accreditations and couldnt find it :(

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I tried using it last week, did not find what I was looking for, and asked the supplier to provide the information - I couldn't even identify if there was an AB, accredited or not. The supplier says their CB is accredited but we are not holding our breath.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Very few people realize there are at least one alternative to ANAB as a Management System Accreditation Body in the USA. Just check the IAF list @ IAF MEMBERS: United States of America and, apparently, more applicants are on the way.

Another risk: proliferation of ("properly") vetted AB's...:naughty: Looks like the phenom of commoditization and trivialization is starting to reach the upper layer. Who knows? Maybe soon there will be a competitor to the IAF themselves...:naughty: and the race to the bottom continues, unabated.

Top Bottom