How to Calibrate Glass Thermometers

M

Mohammed Gouda

Plz help me..The glass thermometers annoy me alot :bonk: that i need the perfect procedures for the following,plz:crybaby::

(i)the thermometers need to be rejoined.
(ii)The configuration ranges for the calibration..i can't justify how many points are sufficient to cover all of the range of the glass thermometer.
(iii)the uncerainity budget....
(iv)ELC temp. correction

P.s:i have a small experience in glass thermometers and i -always-need your support..

Best regards ....
Mohammed Gouda.:bigwave:

BradM

Leader
Admin
Re: How to calibrate glass thermometers?

Mohammed, there are some really good attachments here on glass thermometers. It involves preparing ice baths, rejoining the mercury and such, etc.

Have you checked the attachment lists? It's the green box up at the top of the web page. Click there and do a search on thermometers. If you need some help with finding them, let us know and we'll provide some more assistance.

Hope that helps.:)

BradM

Leader
Admin

Ahh... I found them! They are all in the thread that Marc posted!:lol:

There is a N.I.S.T. document there that should help. More than that, there are some good posts there (excluding mine:D) that should give you some guidance.

Hershal's is short, but to the point: consider getting rid of them and go with electronic ones. After all the time and effort you spend, they would probably pay for themselves.;)

Anyway, please let us know if you need some more information.

M

Mohammed Gouda

thanks for mr. Mark & mr.BradM for their concern..
i read "SP819-calibrate glass thermometers" twice but some questions i couldn't answer...please help me to understand what was said..

1-in table 1 (page 4),what is the relation between (original correction) & (new correction for ice point change) ??

2-what is the advantage that i can get from ice point correction with other readings (and how can i get the other readings as written 50.00,100.00......etc)?

3-what is the sequence that followed @ table 2 ??

i'm really confused and need your help , if you please..

Best regards..
Mohammed Gouda..

M

Mohammed Gouda

please answer me,i can't complete reading that i can't understand ..:nope:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

It's kinda slow here on weekends and I don't know the answer. If no one replies today (Sunday here), 'bump' this thread again tomorrow (Monday) and someone should be able to follow up.

M

Mohammed Gouda

oooh sorry,i forgot that..

i hope you nice weekend:notme:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

Bump. Can anyone help with this?

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource

Some in here are much better than I at temp, hopefully they will answer soon.

Top Bottom