I am looking at two Registrars

N

ntchapman

Good day, we are considering the following two registrars for certification services Intertek and SAI Global. Can anyone provide favourable reviews of either? Thank you,

Mark Meer

Trusted Information Resource
I was with Intertek for several years, and had no complaints. No experience with SAI. They're both huge, and well established, so it's probably a toss-up.

That being said:
- Reviews are often based on interactions with individuals within the organization. Sales people, account managers, and auditors can vary tremendously within any given organization.
- Our needs were simple at the time, and everything always went smoothly, so I can't comment on how they deal with issues (complaint resolutions, challenges to audit findings, etc.) which, I imagine, distinguishes good from bad.

Some advice:
- Plan ahead. You might only need one service now, but in the future other services might be needed (e.g. as you expand to other markets). Inquire about their other services, and try to pick a registrar right off the bat that can provide as many of the services you may need into the future. Having to only deal with one organization is far easier.
- Don't judge organization by interactions with sales people. They are always eager and responsive - this may not necessarily be the case once they have your money...

Good luck!
MM

Pjservan

Involved In Discussions
Good advice by Mark!
Unfortunately you will be limited to measure them through the interaction of the Sales team. If you are only looking to do ISO 9001 you might want to think about if there is potential on your side of pursuing other standards in the future and see if they support it.

To be perfectly honest the interaction with the registrar is going to be dictated by your experience with their auditors which will be hard to judge at this stage. While many minimize interactions with auditors at this stage, you may try requesting to interview potential auditors to see if they fit with you. However do not be surprise if that can not be arrange. Another factor many of my clients look at, is the availability of auditors that can be considered local- to minimize on travel expenses. If your industry is highly specialized then you want to make sure that the registrar do have auditors within your industry.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Good day, we are considering the following two registrars for certification services Intertek and SAI Global. Can anyone provide favourable reviews of either? Thank you,

What is the Quality Management Standard you are seeking registration for (ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS 9100)?

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Make sure they have experience in your industry and remember they are your partners. Take a look at the auditors also.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
I prefer American System Registrar (ASR). I have worked with others and I found that ASR provided the best service and support, and reasonably priced.

AndyN

Moved On
I prefer American System Registrar (ASR). I have worked with others and I found that ASR provided the best service and support, and reasonably priced.
A client used them and they sent a totally unqualified auditor and as a result, the owner pulled out of certification, because the findings were so bizarre. A CB who can't match an auditor to a client scope should be avoided.

Top Bottom