Please disable your adblock and script blockers to view this page
Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Immigration: Moving to another country

C

Carlos Echeverry

Moving to another country..

Well.

I'm chemical engineer with 3 years as QMS Manager. Ive started the QMS in my company from scratch and we got ISO9001 certified 1 year ago. 2 weeks ago the QMS was reviewed and has been found pretty good with a lot of fortress. Top managmenent is happy, employers are happy...but...

My dream all my life has been inmigrate to another country. Security in the area where I work has becoming really hard lately. So, I think is time to start to make my dreams true.

Actually I'm still working as QMS Manager but I'm applying for a Canadian Visa as skilled worker. For that reason I came here to the cove. To start to know the english terms of ISO 9001 standard.

In few months I will be washing dishes or washing cars in some city in Ontario. Just to let know all that interested people in get a cheap quality asistant or something like that, just give me a shout by here.

I will keep this thread update with my current work/country status.

See you all.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
I haven't heard from Arte in a while, but Arte was from Columbia and was a moderator here for several years. He and his family successfully immigrated to Canada about a year ago. You might try finding him in the User Directory here and contacting him for 'pointers' or whatever.

C

Carlos Echeverry

You mean Colombia, my country?

Ive been checking and I found a user called ARTE that speak spanish but he is located at Brampton Ontario.

Is he the same?

WALLACE

Quite Involved in Discussions
Carlos,
I'm live in Beamsville, Niagara region, Canada. I would be pleased to be of assistance to you regarding networking your resume.
my E-mail address is mw.tait@sympatico.ca
Good luck when you arrive in Canada, be strong and you'll make it for sure.
Wallace Tait.

Randy

Super Moderator
Carlos..

Don't settle for the work you gave above. Take wallace up on his offer & for sure contact Arte. Canada has a significant shortcoming when it comes to educated and skilled folks that are Spanish speakers, you're in demand.

Try looking at some of the internet job sites as well. I think Monster (www.monster.com), Hot Jobs (www.yahoo.com)) and a couple of others have Canadian search ability.

WALLACE

Quite Involved in Discussions
Carlos,
If your moving to the Toronto area, you'll for sure bump into lots of native Spanish speakers.
I recall a survey performed by Canada customs recently that indicated French as the official language of Canada along side English, may become a minority language due to the rapid grownth of Spanish in North America.
Carlos, if you manage to enter Canada as a landed imigrant or skilled worker, be sure to obtain the appropriate ID card documentation (This is so important).
Elberth Ardila E-mail Address(es): **Email Removed** is a Spanish speaker from South America that I have assisted recently regarding, networking his resume, he can be found at the Cove too.
I have to say that, you may have to be prepared to take just about any form of work to get yourself established. perseverance pays of though.
Wallace.

Edited by Marc - E-mail removed to Keep e-mail harveting BOTs From It - Please use ARTE's profile to e-mail him.

G

gheghe

moving out

Randy said:
Carlos..

Don't settle for the work you gave above. Take wallace up on his offer & for sure contact Arte. Canada has a significant shortcoming when it comes to educated and skilled folks that are Spanish speakers, you're in demand.

Try looking at some of the internet job sites as well. I think Monster (www.monster.com), Hot Jobs (www.yahoo.com)) and a couple of others have Canadian search ability.
Carlos,
Goodluck to you! We have the same plan, but me maybe longer. This might help you http://www.listingsca.com/Ontario/Employment/Recruiting_and_Placement/complete2.asp

I saw a lot of employment opportunities in Monsters too, but most of are not supporting relocations but since you will be there, it will be easy.

Good luck!

C

Carlos Echeverry

thanks guys...

Thanks for the nice words, I willl keep you all update about the history of application with the Canadian Embassy.

April 1st I will be tested under ***** regulations, so thats the primary target :)

But in the meantime, I can share some experience about QMS :)

Top Bottom