Incoming Certification Requirements

Woody1905

Registered
Hi All,
I am new to the Forum so, firstly I would like to say how amazing this forum is - so much information and knowledge and I can see that thorough discussion is encouraged!

I have a query regarding what we should be expecting to see on incoming product certification from an AS9100D conformity point of view...I will give an example.....

We purchase a machined part from an AS9100 approved manufacturer.
We ask for that part to be supplied with a Certificate of Conformance referencing; the material certificate and any certificates in respect of surface treatments/processes - copies of which must also be supplied. Third party certificates must be approved to ISO9001 or AS9100 standards.

My question is....should these incoming certificates all carry statements, releasing the product/material/process as appropriate, to their standard?

The Certificate of Conformity does reference the accompanying Material (through Heat No.) and Plating (Through Job No.) Certificates. However, although the certificates all have statements with regards to conforming with the order or processes stated or standards listed, none of them state "released in accordance with AS9100 or ISO9001" and the certs do not carry their accreditation details (two of which do not carry a signature against the declaration either)

Am I trying to look for something for which there is no actual requirement?
I have a certificate from which I can trace the material and processes carried out to said part, including copies of those certificates also.

Can someone please help/guide me to what we should be asking for when it comes to incoming certification.

Thank you in advance.....

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Are you saying the material supplier or surface treatment processor has to be ISO9001/AS 9100 certified?

If everything else is there, just look up their cert on OASIS or on their website, or have your buyer ask them to send you a copy. Usually this is only done once.

Woody1905

Registered
I am currently trying to update our incoming inspection process to better align it with the AS9100D standard.
I am coming across things that may have been put in from an historical company standpoint rather than a requirement of the standard.

The main issue I have is what an GI Inspector should be looking for on the Certificates, be it a 2.1 or a 3.1.
MUST the cert be signed?
MUST the declaration state "released in accordance with ISO9001/AS9100"?

I believe the requirement for the metal supplier/surface treatment processor to be ISO9001/AS9100 certified is again an historic company policy that stipulates this to be the case on our critical parts.

Is there a standard/requirement they lays out what should be present on the different types of certificate?

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Most ISO9001/AS9100 companies I know of use generic C of C's that basically say the parts meet the requirements of the customer's PO as referenced on the C of C, unless the customer specifically requires a special C of C.

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
My experience with Oshkosh Defense is that they require highly detailed CoCs listed every requirement we certified.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
The link in the other thread leads to the SAE site, where we learn this:
View attachment 29222
The PREVIEW of the DRAFT of the document is available @ https://cdn.standards.iteh.ai/sampl...449ebc809fd84b94f1b1/oSIST-prEN-9163-2021.pdf and the whole DRAFT can be purchased @ prEN 9163 - Aerospace series - Certificate of conformance requirements

One of the Boeing Business area has the following expectations for a CoC: https://www.boeingsuppliers.com/clauses/docs/Q090_07272015.pdf

Top Bottom