Is a separate ISO/TS16949 certificate required for an extension site?

M

mr26s

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding one of those "new rules" in TS16949 4th Edition.
Our registrar keeps emphasizing all of the site extensions will need to transition into single certified site by 4/1/2015.

We had a new building built on our property to fit the higher demand by our customer.
And because of the land the company bought was very big there was a new address assigned to this new building.
Later on we started production in this new building and now our TS registrar is stating we have to get it certified separately because of this new TS rule has required "extensions" have to be single certified.

To me it sounds really silly because the new address was assigned due to the size of the land itself.
However the processes & operations all fall under the same system at the main plant. And all of the employees are on the same payroll as the ones at the main plant as well.
It's not a separate business place, we are all together and I don't see why we do need to get a separate certificate for that place, I mean if the new rule really does require that --- that's ridiculous!

I have consulted one of the well known consultants who I deal before and he suggested us to refuse that proposal by our registrar as ... the same reason I just stated above.

But I also would like to get a second opinion and that's why I'm posting it here where I believe I could get some help from.

Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Is a seperate ISO/TS16949 certificate required for an extension site?

It is a bunch of nonsense implemented by a bunch of mindless numbskulls at the IATF.

And if you go thru the previous post, the poor guy had his waiver denied because he dared help people out on the internet.

M

mr26s

Re: Is a seperate ISO/TS16949 certificate required for an extension site?

So... does it mean there is no way out of this huge bs???

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
It's about the money

It is a bunch of nonsense implemented by a bunch of mindless numbskulls bean counters at the IATF looking to improve the financial bottom line. <snip>
FTFY - Follow the money trail. I can't see any other reason.

Top Bottom