Is instrument ID required in the in-process inspection report per AS9100C

H

HK PRASHANTHA

Is instrument ID no. is required in the inprocess inspection report??? as per AS9100C

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
These posts were accidentally moved by a moderator. Does anyone know what thread they were in?

harry

Trusted Information Resource
These posts were accidentally moved by a moderator. Does anyone know what thread they were in?

These two posts were originally posted in the 'An Elsmar Cove Forum Software 'Quick Start' Guide' thread and the whole thread was moved (must had been accidentally moved) to the AS forum.

I moved the whole thread back and then moved these two posts to the AS forum.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Is instrument ID no. is required in the inprocess inspection report??? as per AS9100C
The use of the unique identification of the measuring equipment in the in-process inspection report itself shows a good interaction between the inspection process and the calibration process.
Now you take a decision yourself about your requirement.

A

andygr

As others have indicated it is not required by the standard. Time is money and ther should always be a benifit to what you do.

It is all just a mater of risk. Why, what and who are you doing/using the FAI for. I treat a FAI like the QA version of an engineering qualification. I like to have the ability to really know what was checked and how it was done. I usually balance the additional detail inclusion of any type into the report against what the item is -critical, tight tolerance such as a gear vrs a simple electrical box.
I personally like a lot of data but the reality is you have to balance time and such and in some cases the ONLY reason FAI is being created is because it has to be and it is really nothing more than a filled out form shoved into a file.

Things to think about
What if at some point during a calibration a year down the line you discover a tool being calibrated is received out of tolerance? Can you determine if it was used on any FAI inspection?
Your Customer gets your FAI report and verifies some dimensions and indicates that they get different readings. Would it not be nice to match your actual inspection tool deviation from nominal against their data to see if the instruments are on opposite side of the tolerance band?

:2cents:

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

The only time that the standards requires that you provide measurements of intruments is when the product is accepted (i.e. Final Inspection). If that final inspection is done at in-process... then.

Clause 8.2.4

Measurement requirements for product acceptance shall be documented and shall include

d) any specific measurement instruments required and any specific instructions associated with their use.

Top Bottom