ISO 90003 - Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001 to computer software

AndyN

Moved On
Re: ISO 90003 - Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 to computer software

Back in the 90's, a certification scheme was devised in the UK for organizations dealing with software development. The scheme was designated as the TickIT Scheme. For more information, visit http://www.tickit.org/.
TickIT.gif

That's a good point, Sidney. I believe the thing has lost some steam, especially since the ISO 9001 (et al) requirements are now less manufacturing biased, which was the principle reason for the scheme - the interpretation of the requirement in terms of software processes/products (that, and the lack of qualified auditors).

J

JaneB

4. Is there any other ISO standards that relate to a specific product?
Yup - in fact, about a trillion of them (OK, that's a slight exaggeration) but the vast majority of standards are related to products. So there's standards for electric cable, and electric plugs, telephones, fire safety systems, shipping containers... etc etc...

But unless there is already a Standard that covers your specific product, you won't be able to get the product itself certified. What gets certified is the management system that you use to produce your product (or service). The processes, documents, records, etc etc rather than the actual product itself.

To find out, just go here (for example) and look at the catalogue, & start wading through all the many, many, many Standards that exist.

Re. TickIt, I rarely hear much about it these days. Possibly more in the UK?

C

concetta38

Hello can anyone help me create a manual using iso 90003 guidelines. Or if there is a sample QMS manual that incorporates the ISO 90003 guidelines?

rjh27973

Registered
Re: ISO 90003 - Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 to computer software

The Tickit scheme is now defunct as well - as of Nov 2014 and has been replaced by the new TickitPLUS, which is a far better reinterpretation and closer to CMMI and aiming to merge in to the risk based approach that the ISO series are starting to implement.

It not only includes 9001 but has started to include 27001 and others as well

Top Bottom