ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Exam Fail - How to follow up?

S

supacook2k

Hi all, I've just completed the course today and sat the written exam this afternoon. I feel like I failed the written assessment part of the exam so if that is the case does anyone know what the resit process is? as in if I failed the free resit would I have to do the course completely again or could I pay for a further resit of the written exam?

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I am sorry you do not feel as though you did well on your exam. I do not know who provided the class so I have no idea as to the policies for exams you are being held to.

I would contact the course provider and ask what can be done. I am wondering why you didn't do well on the written portion. If you have learning disabilities (just a guess), you are in good company and might be able to retake the essay portion verbally if you ask. Otherwise, you can ask if it is possible to retake that portion.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
I can speak on behalf of the IRCA registered course rules - you are allowed 1 resit with the original course provider (it may not be free) and it must be within 1 year of the initial exam.

After that you would have to re-take the whole course. You cam, and should, ask for feedback on where you had difficulties and give yourself time to improve in these areas - do not rush into the resit! On the other hand, don't leave it too long. If possible, get out and do some audits first.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Have faith- you may have done better than you think. I took mine back in April of 96. Applied Quality Systems-not sure if they are still around. Good course. Test was difficult only because I had audit experience! It took about a month for me to get my results.

Randy

Super Moderator
Hi all, I've just completed the course today and sat the written exam this afternoon. I feel like I failed the written assessment part of the exam so if that is the case does anyone know what the resit process is? as in if I failed the free resit would I have to do the course completely again or could I pay for a further resit of the written exam?

Here's a pretty unique solution to your question...Ask the provider, because only the provider will know what the correct answers are.

Top Bottom