ISO 9001 and Market Niche

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Subject: Re: Q: ISO Cost Effectiveness /../Ohri/Pfrang
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:15:14 -0600

Subject: Re: Q: ISO Cost Effectiveness /../Ohri/Pfrang

ISO 900x is not about PRODUCT quality; it is about PROCESS quality, i.e., having control over your process, so that your process will create the product you intend to create.

Product quality is about deciding which market niche you are going to try to occupy, i.e., which market you believe you can best serve. This can be anything from Mercedes to Yugo.

No matter which market niche a company tries to occupy, ISO 900x offers valuable tools to help the company occupy that niche successfully. But it gives no tools to help the company decide which niche is the best one to occupy.

Thus, any company that believes ISO 900x is about trying to move into a different market niche is making a mistake and is very likely to lose money -- especially of it tries to occupy a market niche that it lacks the resources to occupy.

Sadly, many company executives that make this mistake then blame the financial loss on ISO 900x, rather than blaming it on their own poor judgment.

-- Doug

>From: Edith Ohri
>Subject: Re: Q: ISO Cost Effectiveness /../Taormnia/Turner/Ohri
>
>Could a poorly specified product be considered as "quality" one just because
>the specifications have been requested by the customer?
>Can an ISO900X producer skip documenting quality because the customer
>refuses to pay for it?
>Do you think that a low grade products manufacturer can be ISO approved?
>
>My point is that the two definitions of quality are really one.

F

first

Marc,
I find you have posted a lot of "iso 9000 discussion" of the iso9000 server.
you have posted how to join them.

may I know it is going on or closed?
I have sent the request as you posted and no response.

give me your new post on it .ok?
thanks

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
It's a standard listserve. I know of no restrictions. I suggest that anyone interested in ISO join - just as I suggest anyone interested in calibration and testing join Greg Gogates listserve.

EDIT ADD on June 2004: THIS LIST-SERVE IS NOW OFF LINE / DISCONTINUED.

Top Bottom