ISO certs from suppliers - Expiration Tracking Method

Big "Q" Quality

Registered
I have a spreadsheet in Excel and use conditional formatting to change the colour of the expiry dates from black to orange @ 60 days or less to expiry, and red @ 30 days or less to expiry. As I record delivery performance and other KPI's in the same spreadsheet on a monthly basis, it alerts me to the upcoming expiry dates in plenty of time.

I have just over 100 suppliers by the way, so this is comfortably manageable.

@ Scanton, would you mind sharing the template you use for this spreadsheet? I was thinking of doing something similar but can't figure out how to setup the conditional formatting correctly so that it turns a different color at the specified time range. Would greatly appreciate the head start if you're able to share, thanks.

Scanton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Apologies for the late reply.

I am not able to share my actual spreadsheet as it would been a massive pain to undo/un-link all of the sensitive data contained within it, however I have mocked up how I track the days remaining using a traffic light style system to give you an idea as to how I do it. It's fairly simplistic, but it serves its purpose (please see file attached).

Attachments

• Days Remaining.xlsx
    10.3 KB · Views: 161

Big "Q" Quality

Registered
Apologies for the late reply.

I am not able to share my actual spreadsheet as it would been a massive pain to undo/un-link all of the sensitive data contained within it, however I have mocked up how I track the days remaining using a traffic light style system to give you an idea as to how I do it. It's fairly simplistic, but it serves its purpose (please see file attached).

Thank you so much for providing this for me, this is more than helpful and I genuinely appreciate your support, thanks again.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
The audit report belongs to the registrant, who can redact the type of sensitive information before forwarding it on to customers. As far as I know, the overwhelming majority of management system reports issued by CB auditors are meaningless, with very few nonconformities, extremely rare OFI's and observations. For the small percentage of value added reports with meaningful information, I believe, that customers should have access to the information. A certificate is an attribute and, as most of us know, louzy systems attain and maintain certification; even substandard systems do. A certificate, just like a driver's license, does not tell anyone if the system is robust or not.

If I were working in a position of supplier quality management, I would demand to receive copies of the supplier's surveillance audit reports and scrutinize the information contained therein.

All due respect Sidney - no way.
As a supplier to big companies for many years, I never did that. When I was asked, which was very rarely, I always refused and said "I'm sorry we treat those as confidential between us and our registrar".
It will give the auditor too many preconceptions and they won't be able to be objective... especially if they've never been to us.
Never once got pushback on that.

Today I'm on the other side and I'm in charge of hundreds of suppliers - I also do not ask that of my current supplier base for the same reason... my QEs/auditors are going to these companies to learn, not to follow up on someone else's work unless it was their own or a colleague's. The audit scope is defined in advance based on history and what processes we need to sample. I don't want them chasing what wasn't uncovered by our own colleagues.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Don’t understand why you take issue with my position. As a supplier, you can refuse to share the report. As a customer you have the latitude not to request from the suppliers. It is your choice.

Someone’s driving record tells me much more about their driving ability than a driver’s license does. In the IAQG process, the OASIS database facilitates the request from interested stakeholders in accessing the CB audit reports. I have heard many OEM reps mentioning how eye opening some of the information contained therein was. If I were in charge of a supply chain effort I would like to know as much as possible about my tier one suppliers.

Top Bottom