Kaizen Storage using the 5S Principles of this Concept

T

TC in SA

Kaizen Storage

Good morning all :bigwave:

By accident I ended up on this site while looking for some sites about Kaizen storage. We are currently using the 5s principles of this concept here and I was just wondering if they apply to what this post is about.

Our 5s principles are as follows:

Sifting

Sorting

Sweeping & washing

Spick & span

Stamina

This is a very good site. I find it very informative and offers a variable of topics which could help one put things into practice at a later stage.

Regards

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Hmmm. Others? I need a few to think about this. Too much work this week...

T

TC in SA

Kaizen

Many Thanks for the responses

Kevin, what actually caught my attention was the heading for this forum. I was trying to determine what the 5 s heading was and if it incorporated storage technigues or if the 5s on this thread means something else.

Being entirely new to the board, I am still finding my feet. Hence the previous question from someone about if my post belongs in here. I may have posted in the wrong place but I'll learn.

We use 5s storage techniques in my line of work and I was trying to determine if it was similar to what other have been talking about on this board.

I,m in the semi logistical-storage line of work and I am looking for posts and threads which concern my line of work.

If you can help in this regard it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

A

Al Dyer

What is semi-logistical storage?

If you are already at the stage wwhere you are or have implemented 5s you are well on your way. 5S is a thought process to help organize systems, no matter what words you put to it organization is organization.

Call it 5P, 6M, 4G etc..., it's all in the thought process and implementation of that process that will help the business.

T

TC in SA

We have implemented the 5s into our business and we have been adhering to it for the last three years.

When I said semi logistical storage.

I,m in the semi logistical-storage line of work and I am looking for posts and threads which concerns my line of work.

This was not used to try and differentiate the two as I know the two are vastly different in terms of implementing and mainaining them in a business enviroment. I merely stated this to show that I am looking for threads which have logistics or storage information in them.

Meaning half my day is busy with the logistcal side of the business and the other half is the storage. I would like to see information on either one or the other, hence semi logistical-storage.

Kaizen as you probably know is a culture of sustained continuous improvement. It focuses on eliminating waste in all systems and processes of an organisation, starting with the work place.

Many aspects of kaizen are apparent in our working enviroment and needs to identified and dealt with. Such as:

Unecessary absenteeism
Unecessary errors or damages that leads to re-work
working too fast and not concentrating on accuracy
Applying long drawn out procedures
Not adhering to quality, effeciency, and safety policies and procedures.

Our purpose for kaizen is to question the standards which exist and improve upon these existing standards.

We operate with J.I.T procedures ( Just in time ) which in turn means we only produce, provide or convey that which is needed, whenever it is needed.

We apply kaizen where improvements are required.

There are just so many aspects to kaizen that it would be futile to try and explain how we are using it. certain companys are using it completely differently to us even though the basic elements stay the same.

The PDCA cycle is commomly used.

P - Plan
D - Do
C - Check
A - Action

Our standardised work procedures form the common ground upon which all kaizen implementations are based.

Some of these are.

Having a clear sequenced work method that evrybody can understand and perform.

Stabilise the cycle time of any job fuction within a process.
Improve operation safety, quality and effeciency.
Form a common basis to practice kaizen.

This includes lean distribution which in turn gives you an excellent ROSI, because of the stock turnaround.

Any way, as you can see I mean semi logistical storage because I have'nt finished the kaizen aspects and yet I have'nt even touched on the storage side. They are so vast and I'd like to see some threads on this if there is any.

Regards

A

Al Dyer

TC-

Have you tried the search function on the board? I'm pretty sure you can find what you want in the past posts.

Have a good day!:bigwave:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I don't know, Al. Have you found a thread? I did a search and didn't see anything related to semi logistical-storage so - if anyone has advice/help here, it will be appreciated.

T

TC in SA

Thanks Mark

As Al suggested I also did a search but to no avail. I,m basically looking for something that has anything to do with logistics, storage, J.I.T ordering, inventory control etc.

It's nice to converse with others in a similar field.

Thanks to all for the great help.

Regards

T

TC in SA

A diplomatic reply if I ever saw one.

Thanks for the help Al it is appreciated.

I,m sure i,ll get the right place sooner or later.

Regards

Top Bottom