Kid stories

L

Laura M

Somewhere there was a thread about "who are we" and there were kids stories, but I just couldn't find it. So I thought I'd start a new one. (Found the "Body Fat and Spackle" thread for a good old chuckle)

Anyway - since I feel like you all are like the friends I've been calling tonite, I 'm in a great mood because my son just won the JV High School County Championship for his weight class of 125lbs. For those who understand wrestling, or are in a wrestling town like we are, you would know what a big deal this is. He had injured his ribs last week good enough for a trip to the emergency room, so even tho the xray's were negative, he still wasn't in top shape. Needless to say, mommy has been on pins and needles all day - even tho they are "big boys" they are still our babies!!!!

For those of you who know wrestling, his team took 8 or 15 weight classes.

E

energy

Search came up empty

Congrats Laura. Like you, I searched for that thread. Must have been moved. It may be "Company size", now. Al Dyer, remember him? was doing something with the stats. Wanna wrassle?:vfunny: :smokin:

M

M Greenaway

Well my 6 year old is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Of course he needs to be ;)

L

Laura M

Wow - MG - a 6 year old with a black belt. That's awesome. My 13 year old (also a wrestler) should have his in Karate in about 6 months.

R

Randy Stewart

I like it!!

Thanks Laura, I must have missed the other thread. My youngest son (now 18) was chosen to participate in the High School International Inventational Track Meet in Australia in July. Other than having to come up with about $4K by then, I've been real excited. After receiving a neck injury in football last year he tried something else, the injury scared him and I can't blame him. The bad side is that he lives in PA with his mom and I don't get to see his meets very often, I did get to go to the PIAA Championships mentioned in the attached article.

Attachments

• stop the engraving - paul.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 206
L

Laura M

Great article

That's wonderful. Good luck in Australia. Our sons wrestling coach was NY state wrestling champ and pole vaulting champ! He runs a training school for pole vaulters (and other sports) here in Rochester. I can get you info if you'd like. I think he does alot of stuff in the summer - I'm not sure how far the students come from that train, but I know he's picky on who he takes to preserve the specialization of the programs he runs.

R

Randy Stewart

Thanks Laura,
I'll see what he is doing. I know he has already gone to one camp so far. It sure does get expensive, but it's better than paying bail or lawyers!

E

energy

Not quite a kid

M Greenaway said:

Well my 6 year old is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Of course he needs to be ;)

Martin got me waxing nostalgic with this post. My Black Belt was (they never take it away) in Tang Soo Do. Both styles are Korean with Tae Kwon Do being what the Military prefers. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and the disciplines for a boy to achieve this status is a good thing. Martin, by time the he really grows and puts the muscle on, it will be second nature to him. Easy as walking. Keep him at it. I don't recommend hard contact because there are some animals out there that you can hit with an anvil and they will shrug their heads and say "That's it?":vfunny: Sorry for butting in the Kid's post, but relatively speaking, I was. The attached article was in 1973.:rolleyes: :smokin:

Attachments

• young energy.jpg
    young energy.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 423
Top Bottom