Layout and Dimensional Inspection Training

Satellite

Involved In Discussions
I have just taken over an internal dimensional calibration/FAI lab. One of the largest challenges I have found is basic layout skills are underutilized. What I am looking for are references for GOOD dimensional inspection schools/classes/seminars that I can send some of my people through. Something like the Pratt & Whitney or NASA programs.

And, No, I'm not looking for ASQ courses - some of them already have that and still use poor techniques. This is too general a course. I'm looking for the correct methods to use when using a hieight gage and a cadillac, granite plate, 0.002mm indicators, comparator stands, etc. I could do it, but on t

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Is Gage R&R required on a 100% Dimensional Layout? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
O The Layout of Dimensional Results and What to Provide the Customer APQP and PPAP 16
J Dimensional Layout Errors Registered Visitor Articles Archive 4
S Annual Inspection Layout - Based on Customer print ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M Microbiological Testing Lab - Layout & Standards Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
E Layouts : Can you "verify" things that are not visible (such as loctite present, internal dimensions) in a layout ? APQP and PPAP 2
S Is an Annual Layout Inspection the same as an Annual Re-validation? Internal Auditing 1
C Detection Action for Failure Effects - AIAG 4th Edition Layout FMEA and Control Plans 5
MDD_QNA Changing the Layout of Medical Device Label(s) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
A IATF 16949 Cl. 8.3.5.2 e) - Manufacturing Process Flow Charts & Layout IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B IATF 16949 Clause 8.6.2 - Layout Inspection and Functional Testing IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
M Annual Layout requirements for PPAP/Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 6
D Implementing 5S for Multiple Shop Floor Layout Workstations Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
E ISO 17025 Compliant Laboratory Layout ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
J How does Layout Inspection determine Reference Value? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
O Make Layout Higher Resolution? Using Minitab Software 1
O Matlab Layout Command to Increase Size Using Minitab Software 1
M Reporting Composite FCF on Layout (GD&T) Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
Q Is there a recommended lab layout for a ISO TS requirement? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
N CMM Layout Data Dispute between two CMM Laboratories General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
T Does the Layout Design of a PCB fall under clause 7.3 in ISO 9001 Design and Development of Products and Processes 7
T Industry Standards for # of parts for Capability Study and Layout FAI's? APQP and PPAP 4
B TS 16949 PPAP/ Layout Inspection Frequency Requirements APQP and PPAP 8
Q Best tools to use to determine the best layout of a given area (Office) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
L TS 16949 Clause 8.2.4.1 Layout inspection - Should we pay for this ? APQP and PPAP 4
N General Microbiological Laboratory Layout and Required Equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
J Would like to remodel our QA Layout Laboratory - Your ideas appreciated Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
C Warehouse Layout Design Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 11
I Layout Audit Requirements vs. Batch Inspections IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
R Layout Inspection and Functional Testing - "Product" in 8.2.4.1 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Howard Atkins Official TS answers from SMMT- Layout, System Audits, MR and Doc Control IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
B Help with Submitting Part Layout Dimensionals - My first ever PPAP (to GM) APQP and PPAP 5
B Laboratory Layout - Please comment & give ideas on my proposal General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Z New Inspection Department Layout - 5S, Lean, etc... Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
H Lean Office and Office Layout - Sales, customer service, marketing, accounting, HR Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
S Plant Layouts - What should be in a Plant Layout? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
P Document Layout - Different layouts for documents depending upon the author Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
M 2 versions (different layout) of the same Quality Policy Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
L 'U-Shaped Flow' layout of a manufacturing plant Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
I Definition Product Audit vs. Dock Audit vs. Layout Audit - Differences Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 29
I Facility Planning and Layout Programs - Corolap & ALdep software? Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
S Layout inspection - product family approach? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Layout of the Manual of procedures Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
M Minitab macro vs. Layout tool Using Minitab Software 9
D Layout Inspection - Sound systems to a German car manufacturer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
V Plant Layout System from Scratch (AutoCAD) Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
R Layout Inspection Format and Improvement Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
C Layout Table (very large surface plate) Manufacturer Options - Warranty Hub Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
D Layout Of Management Review Meeting Form Management Review Meetings and related Processes 23