Lean System Developer - How should I work to prove myself?

seadelikur

Registered
i am working in a company as a system developer about lean. sometime i dont know what to do. sometimes i am just walking around and thinking what can i do :) the only responsible about lean is me in the factory and i am a new employeed. Could you advise me some. i am feeling that ppl thinking about me "he is not working well". however i just dunno how to work :)
need advise.

michellemmm

Quest For Quality
Re: How should i work to prove myself?

i am working in a company as a system developer about lean. sometime i dont know what to do. sometimes i am just walking around and thinking what can i do :) the only responsible about lean is me in the factory and i am a new employeed. Could you advise me some. i am feeling that ppl thinking about me "he is not working well". however i just dunno how to work :)
need advise.

Do you like the atmosphere of work place?
Are the people open minded?
Do they welcome "Change"?
Are you a good coach/teacher?
Do you have management committment?
Is there a big age difference between you and others?

I understand you how feel ... It is not easy...

Do you want to stay there?

If yes, then carve your way to success... Educate yourself. Find something nice to say about others. Find your self confidence. Get people involved and make teams. Make sure the credit is given to the team.

Good Luck!

atitheya

Quite Involved in Discussions

Get involved with people, Interact, network. know them, their working, their contribution, problems etc. Educate yourself more about the working systems. Determine how your application can do good to the company, propose, implement. I think, there is a lot you can do. Take initiative.

Y

Yew Jin

Do you have any goal and objective this year? If no, please work with your superior to plan one.

michellemmm

Quest For Quality

Work smart; not hard ;)

:Sigh:....I hate this particular bumper sticker message....Even when it is sugar coated with a ;).

I have been in a similar situation that was described by seadelikur...
It is not easy.... I used to ask myself: what can I possibly do to make a difference today? :confused:

I don't believe he is concerned about hard work. :nope: I believe the environment has made him doubt his own capabilities.

We need Jennifer and Wes here.... Guys H E L P!!!!

To seadelikur:
Come up with a development and installation strategy and action plan.
Search the forum...Post your plan...Let us help.....Rant and rave as much as you need. :argue: We are here to help....
Secure top management commitment :whip:....Communicate your plan and sell your plan to others. You need support and cooperation of others. Show your leadership. Yes, you have it...Just bring it out...

You have been presented with a unique opportunity to excel.

I can see you are a conscience driven individual. You are going to be fine.

Good Luck!

BradM

Leader
Admin

Hello there!

How much training have you received in Lean initiatives? Are you having trouble seeing the projects, or do you see them and you don't know where to go after that? Is being Lean coordinator part of another job task you have, or does it make up your entire job description?

I guess the one word of caution would be that not everything will be a Lean project. In other words, be careful of forcing tools on something that does not need to be fixed.

Having said that, keep your eyes open for projects that will benefit the organization.

Depending on what type of business you are in, there are ways to lower inventory, raw materials, and the like, without affecting the supply chain as a whole. The last part is key; you might fix one part, but then it will "throw off" the rest of the process. Be sure all initiatives benefit the entire organization.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

:Sigh:....I hate this particular bumper sticker message....Even when it is sugar coated with a ;).

Me too. It sounds like this guy:

Lean System Developer - How should I work to prove myself?

It's easy to be overwhelmed in a target-rich environment. The best thing to do is narrow the focus. You're already doing the first step, which is walking around and seeing how things work. Look at one relatively small area or process and talk to the people doing the work. Listen to them. Ask them what they would change, if they could, and let them know that you're there to help them, and not just some guy looking over their shoulders and taking ominous notes. Forget about "Lean" and just try to think of ways to make the process better (which will include reducing waste). If you run into a wall, come here and let us know, and we'll help.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Well . . .
I don't "feel" like Mighty Mouse
I sure don't look like him
and very few would pay to hear my rendition of
"Here I come to save the day!" in my whiskey baritone
Thus said.
Jim Wynne certainly knows the proper drill
It's easy to be overwhelmed in a target-rich environment. The best thing to do is narrow the focus. You're already doing the first step, which is walking around and seeing how things work. Look at one relatively small area or process and talk to the people doing the work. Listen to them. Ask them what they would change, if they could, and let them know that you're there to help them, and not just some guy looking over their shoulders and taking ominous notes. Forget about "Lean" and just try to think of ways to make the process better (which will include reducing waste). If you run into a wall, come here and let us know, and we'll help.
A smart cat watches ONE mouse hole, not two. Focusing on one target at a time is almost always the way to go in situations like these. "Multitasking" is a myth perpetuated by fools who think they can fool bosses and underlings into thinking they are super-efficient, but the reality is the total number of jobs actually accomplished is higher in a given period of time when they are handled "serially" rather than "parallelly." [I think I just made that word up!]

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

I have been in a similar situation that was described by seadelikur...
It is not easy.... I used to ask myself: what can I possibly do to make a difference today? :confused:

I don't believe he is concerned about hard work. :nope: I believe the environment has made him doubt his own capabilities.

We need Jennifer and Wes here.... Guys H E L P!!!!

To seadelikur:
Come up with a development and installation strategy and action plan.
Search the forum...Post your plan...Let us help.....Rant and rave as much as you need. :argue: We are here to help....
Secure top management commitment :whip:....Communicate your plan and sell your plan to others. You need support and cooperation of others. Show your leadership. Yes, you have it...Just bring it out...

You have been presented with a unique opportunity to excel.

I can see you are a conscience driven individual. You are going to be fine.

Good Luck!

michellemmm, probably you did not understand the meaning of this phrase.

In fact, the OP is a good question and I think everyone at some time or the other would be definitely in it. There are lot of people who do hard work but which people rise / come in limelight ???

In an usual office environment, you have different types of people - like who work hard and harder and harder producing good results. But when it comes to rewards / promotion, some one else takes the credit. This may be because the hard working guys are so busy in working that they either do not take care who gets benefit or may be they are not vocal enough to express themselves.

On the contrary, the smarter people are those, who should be able to get attracted and get visibility of the work they do. Smart people will work hard and try to get the credit themselves and not allow some one else to take the credit.

So, the OP has to prove himself by getting the focus / limelight ;)

Top Bottom