Looking for a good PC program for APQP & PPAP packages.

Q

qualitytrec

Does anyone have a software that has knocked their socks off (in the good way) for PPAP type docs (Flow, PFMEA, Control Plans etc...)?
If so please let me know. Currently I am using an excel workbook that I have put together but my flow, PFMEA, and CP sometimes get to where they do not agree 100% do to human factors (laziness, hurried, absent minded, Friday, etc...). It would benice to have something that would prompt or update the other documents as we go. So whatcha all got?

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
There is a package available (can't recall the distributor, but I'll try and find it and post tomorrow) that incorporates all the documents in one big Excel file. Although it's not perfect by any means, at least it gives you some links between documents. I have extracted out what I use in it (for PPAP submission) and have modified it as necessary.

I would be happy to share an evaluation copy (modified) with you if you would like to email me off-site.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Therre are a number.
Powerway is one, another Mpact
There were discussions at the PPAP forum on this

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
Cebos Software

Markasmith said:
Does anyone have a software that has knocked their socks off (in the good way) for PPAP type docs (Flow, PFMEA, Control Plans etc...)?
If so please let me know. Currently I am using an excel workbook that I have put together but my flow, PFMEA, and CP sometimes get to where they do not agree 100% do to human factors (laziness, hurried, absent minded, Friday, etc...). It would benice to have something that would prompt or update the other documents as we go. So whatcha all got? Mark
We had the same problem here with Excel files, but possibly even worse.

We had a separate spreadsheet for each operation for our CP and Flow. So any change could mean opening and updating 30 plus files. Needless to say there were always problems.

We now use Cebos. It is a relational database, one change updates the flow/FMEA/CP triad automatically.

I have done some work for Cebos in the past, so I declare myself biased. Please look and decide for yourself.

There are several other packages out there that do similar. I could post a list if you like.

Warning - none of these packages are inexpensive, be prepared for sticker shock.

T

TownDawg

Well the AIAG has an excel spreadsheet of course. Works pretty well for most.

Powerway has some software, but I personally have no "1st hand" with the APQP suite. I used to use the Doc Ctrl suite.

My APQP experience was with MPACT. I liked MPACT myself. I know some people hate it.

If you are fluent in dbases (Access or whatever) -- just write your own.

Q

qualitytrec

Caster said:
Warning - none of these packages are inexpensive, be prepared for sticker shock.
If I recall from my search of old post Cebos and Powerway both cost over $800 per module. Why are they so expensive aren't they basically databases. If I were to be able to get one it would have to be more affordable than that.
I think I might just take TownDawg's advice and break out my MS Access class notes and try making my own.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Mark

T

TownDawg

* smiles *

Ya, it would not be that hard -- if you enjoy programming. Conceptually, you have some lookup tables, and a couple sub forms.. but hey.. it's not particually complex -- just takes time -- and always takes twice as long as you originally estimate. ;)

I never have completely understood the high prices of software. I guess it is part of RiskPrevention -- charge more to make up for the loss through free blackmarket distributions?

MPACT would be my vote -- hands down -- if I was going with a commercial package. I've done too many using the AIAG workbook. I do need to check out Cebos though!

R

ralphsulser

I have experience with Mpact too. One I got used to it I thought it was great.
I tried to talk the boss into just using Excel at first, but he insisted on Mpact only, so being forced to use it eventually made me like it. Used it for the GM Van sliding door stampings and assembly in 1998.Don't know cost, but not cheap.

Top Bottom