Marking (Labeling) Requirements on Medical Equipment per IEC 60601-1

J

jayanthi

Hi all,
if EMI line filter uing in our medical equipment is having "Power ON, Power OFF, FUSE" symbol whether in that case we need to give separate labels for these symbols.
Pl clarify
Regards
Jaya

M

MIREGMGR

I'm not sure I understand the question.

One might normally expect the Power On and Power Off indications to be located at a power switch or other control with similar functionality. One might normally expect the Fuse indication to be located at a fuseholder or other element with similar functionality. Does the element that you describe as EMI Filter also provide the Power Switch and Fuseholder functions? If yes, then having the legends there makes sense. If not, I'm unclear on why the legends are there.

J

jayanthi

Miregmer,
The EMI filter is having both Power on /off switch as well as fuse holder and symbols are marked on the filter itself. In that case whether we need to put additional labels near the EMI switch or labels in the EMI is sufficient?

M

MIREGMGR

You're required to have effective markings. If the existing markings are effective, you wouldn't be required to have additional ones.

S

stevemcc

Is the fuse internal or external? If it is external and available for the user to change then according to clause 7.2.12 you must display voltage, current, operating speed and breaking capacity.

J

jayanthi

Yes Fuse is external and thanks for pointing the clause no.

Top Bottom