Material Review Board - We will get FAA Direct Ship Authority

E

Ericka

I am working for an Aerospace products Disptibution Company. We will need the approval of the FAA due to the fact that the company has adquired proprietary parts from another company, but we won't develop manufacturing process, we will get FAA Direct Ship Authority.

We have a quality system alrady implemented where all incoming parts are inspected. We have procedure for nonconforming product as well as corrective action procedures.

My question is: SHALL we establish a Material Review Board or that is applicable only to manufactures???

pondo

Registered Visitor
Re: Material Review Board

An MRB area should serve the purpose (among others) of segregating non-conforming, or potentially non-conforming parts from good parts.

You would have the potential to have non-conforming parts on hand.

So I would say yes.

E

Ericka

But I tought that base on the fact that my company do not manufacture and doesn't have the authority to modify any design already approved by the FAA, then we don't need to perform material review. Maybe I'm confused with the terminology.

Material review Board is a board to review nonconforming yields to determine any potential corrective action or is a board to review the defect material (redesign, Spec Changes etc etc )

pondo

Registered Visitor

Yes, the Material Review Board (MRB) serves the purpose of reviewing what the defects are. And the findings need to feed back to the manufacturing and design processes.

And the fact that you are the ones delivering product to the customer, it would be in your company's best interests to communicate the findings from the MRB back to your supplier and have them use the info to improve their manufacturing/design process.

But with respect to your 4 walls, the segregated MRB (like a fenced in area) is critical to ensure non-conforming material has no chance to get to your customer.

E

Ericka

:agree:Thank you so much for your answers, they have been very helpful, now I think I have one more project to work on....

Top Bottom