Missed Annual Audit…

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
So what happens if your company missed their annual audit? How does the registrar handle that scenario?
and your 3 yr renewal is the following year…

anyone?

GStough

Leader
Super Moderator
So what happens if your company missed their annual audit? How does the registrar handle that scenario?

anyone?
In a previous life, the company didn't miss the annual audit, but because of circumstances beyond our control, the audit was performed very late in the year just before our ISO certs expired. Nonconformances were identified and it took time to address all of them. In the meantime, our ISO certs expired, we lost our Health Canada licenses and sales went down. After the NCs were addressed and our ISO certs were renewed, everything else followed suit, but it was definitely a busy and scary time. Would not wish that scenario on anyone. I know it's not the same thing you're asking about, but maybe it's helpful in some way. :)

Crusader

Yeah, similar but the audit was scheduled and the company said no, don’t come. We don’t have the resources to accommodate at this time.
Soooo, does the company lose their cert? ( the certification still shows as ‘Active” on the Registrar website.)

DannyK

The certification body or notified body should communicate with you the implications of not performing the audit.
In the case of a surveillance audit, there may not be any implications to your certificate if they are able to perform the audt within a time limit.
Otherwise your certificate could be suspended.
Please specify the type of audit. The rules can be different for each scheme.

Danny

Funboi

On Holiday

anyone?
How was it “missed”? IIRC the only limitation on timing of an ISO 9001 audit, after certification is the timing of the first visit. The rest are “adjustable“. If the CB wasn’t on top of this, I can’t see it being your problem.

Crusader

It was a surveillance audit that was intentionally stopped from occurring. That is how it was “missed”.
I thought this intentionally missed audit would ‘void’ the certificate…but maybe not?? The certificate expires next year So the company is under the impression they are ok until next year.

this has zero to do with the registrar. The company is fully at fault…intentionally. There are no resources due to employee loss, no current records and no point in having a registrar come audit…the company said don’t come audit us.

Last edited:

Funboi

On Holiday
So the company is under the impression they are ok until next year.
It has to happen at some point, it can’t be skipped. If the QMS isn’t maintained, let the chips fall - take a major - and then work on it. Make sure that the QMS isn’t a monster which consumes resources to feed it.
Alternatively, do you really need certification?

Randy

Super Moderator
Missed the audit? You telling me that nobody knows how to do MS Teams, Blue Jeans, Zoom, WebEx or anything like that? I gotta call BS.

Suspension at the minimum for failing to keep up their end of the agreement (contract). Then let them try to do a certificate transfer if they're unhappy.

Crusader

It has to happen at some point, it can’t be skipped. If the QMS isn’t maintained, let the chips fall - take a major - and then work on it. Make sure that the QMS isn’t a monster which consumes resources to feed it.
Alternatively, do you really need certification?

it’s not me or who I work for. I have no control. I’m just wondering what happens.

Top Bottom