NCSLI this upcoming week! Who will be there? July 2010

D

Duke Okes

Not this year, I'm afraid. It was great in San Antonio last year. Where is it next year?

August 21 - 25, 2011
50 Years: Reflecting On The Past - Looking To The Future
Gaylord National Convention Center, National Harbor, MD

July 29 - August 2, 2012
Sacramento Convention Center, Sacramento, CA

July 14 - 18, 2013
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

August 3 - 7, 2014
Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin

July 19 - 23, 2015
Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center

BradM

Leader
Admin
Duke, is that the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine? That is an awesome place.

I would love to see you guys. We'll eat good, trust me.:agree1::yes::tg:

BradM

Leader
Admin
Wow! What a great conference. Honestly, it exceeded my expectations.

First, I got to meet Hershal. What a nice man. He is as classy in person as he is here at the Cove.

Honestly, I typically don't get excited about vendors. :tg: But, I learned something this week. Some of that has to do with the time on my hands. It was nice to get to visit with some of the vendors I use, see the new toys coming out by Fluke and such, etc. Very productive. I was able to solve two process issues we did not have answers before.

The sessions were very helpful. There were some excellent sessions on building uncertainty budgets. Too (a very popular topic here) was developing different performance metrics, going paperless, and a variety of subjects.

One paper of interest was where a gentlemen reviewed Accreditation scopes for comparators. It was striking the difference variance he noted in the different components listed, standards, etc. Just something for the industry to think about. We still have some distance to go in harmonizing our processes.

But...:D, one word came to mind: Toastmasters. :tg: Don't read the slides, respect the time frames, trim down the info on the slides, and for goodness sakes, have good posture and try to face your audience.:D

I think the metrology world is fortunate to have a society like NCSL. Well worth the time and effort.:agree1:

Jerry Eldred

Forum Moderator
Super Moderator
At the conference in San Antonio last year, I was fortunate enough to meet and spend some time chatting with Hershal.

BRADM - I know you are up in Dallas area, maybe one of these days we can be at a regional NCSL meeting. Last one my manager and I "attended", we found out when we arrived that they had cancelled it (oh well).

It was nice to meet Hershal last year. I'll be interested to hear about some of the seminars. I'll have to read the agenda and see what interesting topics are happening this time.

My company has been dropping me hints to do a paper one year (maybe for next year?). I've done some original research on noble metal thermocouples with some fascinating results. Maybe good enough stuff to do a paper on.

Rhode Island is my old stomping grounds (I'm from Vermont, and some ancestors were in Rhode Island), and I was there in the Navy for a little while.

Top Bottom