Nonconforming parts accepted by operator with intention

Mikael

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello,

I have a claim from the customer on some non conform products. 3 products from the same operator. A week previous to process this parts the operator was sent home because he disobeyed his supervisor. I think he gave the parts as conform with intention because he was punished. He doesn't seem to be the one affected by the punishment.
How can i treat these claims? What to write on the root cause? It is not the supervisor fault, and I do not think is the stress, just that he did this with intention of harming the company.

As already mentioned there are assumptions and speculations in the answers given.

It have been mentioned that the manager can be the cause or both - the relationship. If that is true, for the internal solution of getting the culture to work again it seems like a case for HR.

If this employee have worked for the company for 15 years without any issues and suddenly don't perform, it can be a private issue or it could be a new "REDACTED" manager, who makes all people perform worse. Their might be hidden problems with the rest of the team too. In this case it can be the manager who has to go, or need a serious u-turn.

Though it it could also be cultural misunderstanding in the communication.

If you want to find the power, look for the resistance.

Management by direct punishment is in my culture/country pretty old school and not the way to go in most cases, it just makes the negative spiral grow. Dialogue, listen Before anticipation and interview skills would be the way in my country.

I am not at all defending the employee action taken, it is just another possible scenario.

Otherwise I would tend to agree with Ninja.

kuyakut

Involved In Discussions
I give a benefit of the doubt to the operator.
Was he trained to run the parts?
Did he knows what are defected parts or not?
Is the machine running automatic and he100% inspected?
If it is a random sampling by operator them your assumption maybe wrong. That he intentionally put rejected parts.

hvk159

Registered
How can i treat these claims?
This is a failure of your quality system not that person. He was caught hence you know.. there may be many incidents which may be gone without detecting.

What I am afraid is if CAPA is to be initiated, you may need to investigate all the deliveries made by the "operator" and may have to recall those batches for full inspection.

What to write on the root cause?

Though you should investigate the matter and write proper root cause. Though root causes that come of my mind are
1) Failure of Quality Management System. (Final Inspection)
2) Lack of awareness of task by the employee. (Medical device)

It is not the supervisor fault,?
Till it is not fixed.. do not come to this conclusion.

Доверяй, но проверяй (Trust, but Verify) - Russian Proverb

Top Bottom