Organisational chart requirements

DariusPlumdon

Involved In Discussions
Can someone help clarify what are the actual IATF16949 requirements regarding the 'organisational chart'

Historically we have always had a multi-page Visio document that showed everyone, their role and interactions; our auditors were all happy with this.

Updating this was a highly manual process, so now we have a dynamic system that is automated generated within our HR tool. Anyone can see who is the line manager of a person, and who directly reports to any person, the group the person works for, but nothing more.

The reality is this works really well for everyday work.

For reasons I do not understand an internal auditor is saying this is not sufficient for meet IATF16949, despite us passing our external audit in December 2021.

If a 'document style' organisational chart is required then can anyone explain why, and what IATF16949 clause covers it please?

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Can someone help clarify what are the actual IATF16949 requirements regarding the 'organisational chart'

Historically we have always had a multi-page Visio document that showed everyone, their role and interactions; our auditors were all happy with this.

Updating this was a highly manual process, so now we have a dynamic system that is automated generated within our HR tool. Anyone can see who is the line manager of a person, and who directly reports to any person, the group the person works for, but nothing more.

The reality is this works really well for everyday work.

For reasons I do not understand an internal auditor is saying this is not sufficient for meet IATF16949, despite us passing our external audit in December 2021.

If a 'document style' organisational chart is required then can anyone explain why, and what IATF16949 clause covers it please?

As @Sidney Vianna eluded to...there is NO requirement for an organizational chart. Establish relevant- roles- responsibilities - authorities in a manner that works for YOU and YOUR organization.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

DariusPlumdon

Involved In Discussions
Have you thought of asking the internal auditor? Use these 4 words: show me the shall…

Yes ... there comment was along the lines of 'I was told.....' but nothing more.

The reason for my post is that I know from previous experience that external auditors are sometimes given interpretation of the standard guidance (beyond the 'Sanctioned Interpretations'), so I was curious as to if anyone knew of any such guidance that had been given to external auditors recently.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
I do know the org chart is extremely helpful and positive for reference to show when departments have changed names, or managers that change roles and departments. This helps when completing the audit planning form. Last year we added on a production director, 3 additional departments and restructured many roles. I highlighted the changes for the auditor to see ahead of time the new areas and all.

Top Bottom