Please share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule

D

David J Quality

Good morning!

I'm wondering who out there would be willing to share their FY17 IATF Audit Schedule & Plan? I've got some bare bones in the works and would love to see other people's activities. I would love to move as close to process approach as possible. Too many of my personnel are stuck in the old "process" auditing phase. Looking forward to seeing some good examples!

Thank you,:thanx:
David

D

David J Quality

Seriously, is there anyone out there willing to help a poor QE out? I', struggling to develop a good audit schedule this year.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Hi, David.

You might need another day or two to get a full response from people. Unfortunatley, the initial ask came on a Friday and Cove traffic is lighter over the weekend. :)

I don't have a schedule to share, per se, but admit to being confused. You say you want to a process approach that people are stuck in the old "process" phase. I'm uncertain what the difference is between these two types of processes you mention.

As for process auditing, how do you define a process? Part of the reason you may not have received a response is that some, like me, look at a process as an organization process...not a standard's process. I don't, for example, audit document control. When I audit a process - such as Purchasing - I incorporate the document control requirements into the audit, along with every other requirement that touches the Purchases process.

If folks have taken an approach similar to mine, you won't find a sample plan/schedule because it is unique to each organization.

D

David J Quality

Roxanne,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that traffic is lighter...I think I've been moving at warp speed too much lately! The original post was meant to say "element" phase. So many of our auditors want to make checklists of each element rather than looking at a process as a whole (Purchasing, Maintenance, etc.). I suppose I may get a better response if I review what I write!

Thanks!!!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
<snip> If folks have taken an approach similar to mine, you won't find a sample plan/schedule because it is unique to each organization.
This is the important aspect.

Hopefully someone will have something they can share, but... There is also the aspect of confidentiality which comes into play.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Roxanne,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that traffic is lighter...I think I've been moving at warp speed too much lately! The original post was meant to say "element" phase. So many of our auditors want to make checklists of each element rather than looking at a process as a whole (Purchasing, Maintenance, etc.). I suppose I may get a better response if I review what I write!

Thanks!!!

You can make a process based checklist. We find them very helpful with internal audits.

D

David J Quality

I appreciate everyone's comments and support. I've been in automotive for 21years, 17.5 of those in Quality and 14 of those auditing (QS, TS, ISO, IATF). I have a template I've used for the past several years but as we transition to the new standard I want to make sure that I'm as inclusive as I need to be with regard to new requirements and I was hoping to gage that against what others have already done. Sooo, if anyone wishes to share, let me know. I appreciate the advise!!!

THANKS,
David

:thanks:

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I appreciate everyone's comments and support. I've been in automotive for 21years, 17.5 of those in Quality and 14 of those auditing (QS, TS, ISO, IATF). I have a template I've used for the past several years but as we transition to the new standard I want to make sure that I'm as inclusive as I need to be with regard to new requirements and I was hoping to gage that against what others have already done. Sooo, if anyone wishes to share, let me know. I appreciate the advise!!!

THANKS,
David

Sorry, can't help. We punted. :)

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator

THANKS,
David

I don't think there is a need to change the audit schedule format. Audits should be done as per process approach as per new standard and we are already following this approach.

Attached herewith our Internal audit schedule format for reference.

Thanks,
Amit

Attachments

• IQA Plan Sample.xlsx
    48.4 KB · Views: 2,136
Last edited:
Top Bottom