PPAP and IMDS Penalties and Registrars

G

Gilberto - 2009

Hello all.

How much to system IMDS and penalties it has controlled and registers, somebody has greaters information ?
How much the norms and directives applied to each assembly plant somebody knows which is and long time are made the revisions and inclusion this norms ?

Grateful

Giba´s

D

D.Scott

Re: Ppap - Imds

Hello all.

How much to system IMDS and penalties it has controlled and registers, somebody has greaters information ?
How much the norms and directives applied to each assembly plant somebody knows which is and long time are made the revisions and inclusion this norms ?

Grateful

Giba´s

We have never had a problem with our registrars in regard to IMDS. We keep an index of each IMDS and its associated Material/product code and application.

We have no established revision review interval. Our IMDS is reviewed along with contract review so each change generates its own revision. I do have one customer who requires annual review of the IMDS.

Does this answer the questions? If not, please feel free to re-ask.

Dave

G

Gilberto - 2009

Re: Ppap - Imds

Ok Dave.

Tks

I thought that I had some criterion of revisions and inclusion for control of substances restricted and forbidden.

R

RDues

Hello Gilberto,
IMDS is linked in PPAP.
Example1: If Volkswagen doesn't receive the IMDS together with PPAP, then this will not be a big deal, except that you won't get your full PPAP acceptance. When the IMDS comes then in later for attaining the full PPAP acceptance, VW will charge the supplier a 750€ fee per part number.
Example2: Certain tier1s count missing IMDS at PPAP as a quality violation. Then the supplier will be charged per hour per part number where IMDS acceptance is missing. Really expensive!
Example3: Ford enforces IMDS compliance through their GMIR system. If the supplier won't make it to 100% compliance on IMDS (tracked in GMIR) by end of the year, then he will be a supplier of "lower cathegory" (goes in the Ford puchasing database). This means a potential business loss.

Ralf

G

Gilberto - 2009

exist other penalties applicable to who not follow and to respect system IMDS ?

:whip:

R

RDues

Gilberto,
I have summarized all important legal and customer aspects in the attached file.

Key message: Not performing product IMDS material data submission to customers means a contractual violation -so potential business losses-. Do you want this?

Should you wish to know more about a certain impact for a specific case (customer, program, etc.) then contact me please per PM at any time. Cases can vary.

Ralf

Attachments

• IMDS Impacts and Roots.doc
    45 KB · Views: 292
  • China RRR and ELV.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 209

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
You IMDS commitments will be specific to your customer, but all major manufacturers are now demanding IMDS submissions globally.

This customer specific approach also applies to how often reviews are required. Like has been mentioned, Ford require yearly declarations of compliance to RSMS (their specific material reporting requirement), through GMIR, but on the flip side, GM in certain territories do not even require IMDS submissions yet, so it really is customer specific.

Your registrar should take this into account when reviewing your IMDS commitments and how you are dealing with them. They should be asking, "What does your Customer want?" and "Are they getting what they want?" If you are TS, this would be covered by your commitments to "Customer Specific Requirements" and if supplying Europe would also be covered by 7.4.1.1 Regulatory Compliance

G

Gilberto - 2009

Gilberto,
I have summarized all important legal and customer aspects in the attached file.

Key message: Not performing product IMDS material data submission to customers means a contractual violation -so potential business losses-. Do you want this?

Should you wish to know more about a certain impact for a specific case (customer, program, etc.) then contact me please per PM at any time. Cases can vary.

Ralf

Ralf,

Tks.

G

Gilberto - 2009

One another doubt.

In the APQP same it informs that we must have life of our products. How much the life of the product, we have not given effective to determine with need this time, therefore we do not know which the life esteem of the vehicle where our product is applied.

We can take care of this as reply my register in system IMDS?

Note: still more when one is Bulk Material.

Note.:

My doubt is on the life of the product that is requested in the APQP book.

It will be that to indicate the life of the product being I register in cadastre it in the IMDS, is enough for the attendance?

R

RDues

Sorry, Gilberto,
can you please state your question in another precise wording.
Thanks
Ralf

Top Bottom