Prayers and Help

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
your in my prayers

Lucinda,

You and your family are in my prayers. Keep the faith, girl.

Luke 1:37 For nothing is impossible with God

Carol

C

C Emmons

I will keep your daughter in my prayers. What about contacting one of the battered womens/domestic abuse agencies. I am sure they have information on the best legal council and may be able to help you apply some pressure!

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

'Cinda

I'm truly sorry to hear this. My thoughts, prayers and good wishes are with you and your daughter.

Bill

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
C Emmons said:
What about contacting one of the battered womens/domestic abuse agencies. I am sure they have information on the best legal council and may be able to help you apply some pressure!
Excellent idea -- wish I'd thought of that one. I too would think these folks know how to get things done and whom to contact (like some bulldog attorneys) in cases like this. **** hath no fury...

K

Ken B.

My Familys thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Ken.

J

Joe Cruse

I can only agree with other advice to immediately find another lawyer to work for you, and find a sympathetic ear in the local law enforcement community.

Will also pray for you and yours.

Best wishes,

Joe

J

JaySturgeon

My prayers are extended to you and yours. May God bless your daughter with a speedy recovery.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Keep the pressure on the police, call the officer(s) in charge of the investigation daily. Call the DA's office. Offer to and give a statement in regards to the boyfriend, request they do a record check on the boyfriend. Get everything you can documented on police records. As long as she is progressing the case is not closed by any means. Talk to internal affairs. The truck owners insurance company would be an excellent place to start.

Last edited:
S

shopgirl

Lucinda,

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Alas, I have no legal connections either, however, I called my priest, who has included your daughter in his special intentions at Masses, my Bible study group, and my mom (a former nun), who has in turn called all of HER prayer groups.

It may not be much, but I felt I had to do SOMETHING for you and your family.

Be blessed,

Erika

J

JodiB

Update

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and advice, and for sharing personal experiences. You don't know how much it means to me and helpful it felt to know that others have been through this and have emerged from it.

An update: my daughter has been released from the hospital, although they did not feel that she was ready. She insisted that if they did not discharge her then she was just going to leave anyway. A pow wow of the doctor, nurses, therapists, and family members convened and it was agreed that the best thing for her would be to go home with my parents (another state) for her rehab and recuperation. Unfortunately she feels differently and it would have taken handcuffs and kidnapping to make it happen. Where in the world did this girl get her stubborness?? :) So she is back at home with the boyfriend and refuses to believe that things aren't perfect. She experienced extreme mental confusion while hospitalized, but seems to be 1000x better now that she's in the home environment. She insists that she'll do her therapy as ordered by the dr. It seems impossible and extraordinary that she is so "normal" after a head injury that no one expected her to pull out of.

The police detective says that my daughter is claiming she must have "fallen" out of the vehicle by herself and that the case is closed. They aren't going to try to do an investigation because they say they have nothing to go on but my "suspicion". Despite an assault charge my daughter pressed late last year that has yet to come to trial.

Family violence/domestic abuse agencies would not visit with my daughter in the hospital. One told me that she would have to contact them herself after coming to her senses and realizing that she is in a dangerous relationship. Then they would have someone meet with her to bring her to the shelter. They don't provide outreach volunteers to visit with injured women to discuss signs of abusive relationships, and the ways to prepare to leave them safely. Can you believe that? I was absolutely floored and just bawled my eyes out in frustration after talking to them.

So I'm back at home now and catching up on work. Letting my knuckles heal from pounding on the walls the past few weeks. Fighting the urge to drive back to Dallas to kidnap her and take her to a foreign country. Coming to the realization that she's an adult and I can only bear the pain of watching her mistakes and being here to help when they catch up to her.

Thank you again everyone. No doubt her miraculous recovery is due in no small part to the prayers said on her behalf.

Top Bottom