QMS - How does ISO 9001 apply to Service Providers (utility or facility management)

H

Haneen

Hi all,

I find it difficult to understand how the ISO 9001 will be applied into service providers (say utility or facility management business).
What the processes will look like, how the service can be checked/monitored & against what type of standard. :confused::confused::confused:

Anything that may help me understand how the ISO 9001 is applied to those who their products is service, highly appreciated (examples/explanation related to utility & facility management industries will be added value)

Thanks

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: QMS - Service Providers

Utility and Facility Management are noting more than a Product

Check out Johnson Controls Facility Management, they've been certified to ISO 9001 for years.

You're making it too difficult Haneen

AndyN

Moved On

:D :D

Hi Randy,
You know because in relation to ISO 9001 I am at square zero

Thanks

Can I make a suggestion that it would benefit you to find and attend a training course presented by a reputable, experienced ISO training company - there are probably a few from Britain who operate in or close by the UAE.

In that session you can ask the instructor for specific examples of the service vs. product aspects, applicable to your organization. You'll get more useful information that way.

It's really difficult for us to try to answer all the potential questions you might pose here. Plus, for many these questions have been asked before, so while you could perform a search the whole process is less dynamic and has less interest in it for all!

H

Haneen

Can I make a suggestion that it would benefit you to find and attend a training course presented by a reputable, experienced ISO training company - there are probably a few from Britain who operate in or close by the UAE.

In that session you can ask the instructor for specific examples of the service vs. product aspects, applicable to your organization. You'll get more useful information that way.

It's really difficult for us to try to answer all the potential questions you might pose here. Plus, for many these questions have been asked before, so while you could perform a search the whole process is less dynamic and has less interest in it for all!

AndyN,
I do agree, what you suggested has to be the first step ... Thanks

T

trainerbob

I have done a lot of training of service organizations, from vehicle service organizations to electrical transmission and software development organizations. They don't seem to have a problem seeing what ISO tells them - wherever you see product in the standard, the work service can be substituted there.
A service organization is no different than a product oriented organization. The service industries have processes that they do every day of their operations. It is those operations that make up the organization and are audited when we do our our internal and external audits. Remember - We are looking at PROCESSES!

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

Hi all,

I find it difficult to understand how the ISO 9001 will be applied into service providers (say utility or facility management business).
What the processes will look like, how the service can be checked/monitored & against what type of standard. :confused::confused::confused:

Anything that may help me understand how the ISO 9001 is applied to those who their products is service, highly appreciated (examples/explanation related to utility & facility management industries will be added value)

Thanks

Whether you are making a part, or designing software, or providing a service, that "thing" you sell to the customer is your product. I teach people things. That "teaching," - "imparting of knowledge and understanding," would be my product. Managing the organization uses many similar processes regardless of the "product."

You can apply the same concept.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Hi all,

Thanks

Here is an interesting example of a service provider certified to three standards (all integrated).

Stijloor.

Top Bottom