Quality Manager Weekly Report Template

brossbach1

Starting to get Involved
I looking for some help. Looking for a Quality Manager weekly report template that could make reporting a little bit easier on a weekly basis. I hoping to find; if someone has a Quality Manager weekly reporting template or somethan i can use to modify to capture the necessary information that is needed in this report.:thanks:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
I looking for some help. Looking for a Quality Manager weekly report template that could make reporting a little bit easier on a weekly basis. I hoping to find; if someone has a Quality Manager weekly reporting template or somethan i can use to modify to capture the necessary information that is needed in this report.:thanks:

Hi,
here below some ideas, but I think it depends on the tasks and activities where the Quality Mgr is owner.

The item of the weekly report could be:

1. number of the internal audit done and the percentage of completion vs annual plan

2. number of non conformities still open

3. number of non conformities closed

4. number of supplier audit done with status of the corrective actions closed

5. number of procedures reviewed and approved

6. number of PPAP reviewed and signed off

7. number of customer issues and complaints solved

8. number of non closed conformities of the registrar audit

9. number of customer audit managed and corrective actions closed and still open

10. status of capable process ( check for Cp/ Cpk)

11. status of the preventive action ( action implemented and still open)

12. value of the cost of poor quality based upon scrap, rework, supplier issues, delivery on time

13. status of the major continuos improvement projects of the organization to improve QMS process and customer satisfaction

14. update of the customer requirements if any

15. monitoring of the internal quality awareness by means of ad hoc surveys

The list could be continued but I would like to share ideas with you and other expert Covers.

hope this helps:bigwave:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
  1. How big is your organization?
  2. How many things happen out of the ordinary?
  3. What will happen with the report after you make it?

Here's my take:
I understand weekly, daily, even hourly production reports - they help an organization manage the business aspect of the business.

In my machining organization, a nonconformance was a rare event and it triggered a whole lot of activity. (See this post.) The data was recorded for all to see - no separate report summary of the activity was necessary.

If the quality guys are running inspections and they detect nonconformance, what use are the data of finding nonconformances without the whole enchilada of root cause investigation and subsequent resolution of the finding? I have trouble envisioning a viable organization where there are enough open investigations that they need to be summarized in a report. If there are so many new events each week they need to be summarized in a report, it must either be a super giant international summarizing events at all locations or the most fouled up organization in the world.

Why does a quality report have to be weekly? If the report is just data (how many this, how many that), why bother with a report, unless there are "events" which show the system is not working? I cringe at the forests which have been depleted over the years to generate "reports" that said [essentially] "no change."

Note: a report is different from a record in that a report usually is just a summary of records. In no way am I advocating "no records," just fewer "no action" reports.

If the report just contains the "same old, same old," there is probably no action called for. Some managers might even begin to suspect a QM of creating busy work to justify his existence.

For a report to be worthwhile, it probably should engender concern and subsequent action, else it just gets filed away as a record the QM didn't think the bosses were capable of accepting the fact the system was running the way it should.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I'd also consider the possibility of including $$$ in the report (be it weekly or monthly).

For example, the # of customer complaints is a good starting point. # of customer complaints / 1000 widgets produced is better for comparing performance over time. And there is the $$$ of the complaints (actual complaint, processing time, etc.).

Depending on the audience of the report, $$$ can speak volumes!

Just my :2cents: ... ;)

harry

Who is the recipient and what is the objective or purpose of the report?

If it is top management, I agree that '$' is relevant including 'key' indicators and perhaps items you want their attention. Bear in mind that don't have much time for it so keep it simple and short.

If it is meant for communication / information to the various areas, their performance measures with +/- percentages should be useful for them as wake up calls or to formulate strategies to catch-up, etc in case they are lagging behind.

qusys

Who is the recipient and what is the objective or purpose of the report?

If it is top management, I agree that '$' is relevant including 'key' indicators and perhaps items you want their attention. Bear in mind that don't have much time for it so keep it simple and short.

If it is meant for communication / information to the various areas, their performance measures with +/- percentages should be useful for them as wake up calls or to formulate strategies to catch-up, etc in case they are lagging behind.

Agree with Harry.
I only gave some ideas, also saying that we should know the job description of Quality Manager.
Besides, the frequence of the report could be monthly or quaterly to have a major number of topics and also make some trends.
Besides, the ideas could come from 5.5.2 of ISO 9001 for Manegement representative. Assuring to meet the clause is equivalent to have item to put in report aimed at management.:bigwave:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

What you haven't told us is what the necessary information consists of. What are you expected to report?

brossbach1

Starting to get Involved
The information that qusys mentioned is good information, the QM report is a weekly event in a staff meeting that consist of salary personnel, engineers, accounting, production, MP&L, Human resources, quality. I'm trying to put somethan together to make it simple but as mentioned from others to get the point across and actions. Cost not a factor for this type of meeting. Thank you all for responding. I want the factors which to separate what QE's report vs QM report. I hope this gives some clarity what i'm looking for.

Top Bottom