Recommendations for CBs south of England AS9100

EMP

EMP
Any suggestions for CBs? Current CB is looking not to pass client and is asking for items not in the standard e.g saying "I am not asking for turtle diagrams but I want turtle diagrams" - he does not want to pass them it is pretty obvious.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Any suggestions for CBs? Current CB is looking not to pass client and is asking for items not in the standard e.g saying "I am not asking for turtle diagrams but I want turtle diagrams" - he does not want to pass them it is pretty obvious.
What you describe cannot be a CB position/interpretation. It is a rogue/incompetent/misguided AUDITOR, the individual. You surely can go through the hassle of finding another CB, but before doing that, I would call the CB Technical Manager and describe the ludicrous auditor expectation and demand an auditor re-assignment. If the CB is not only doing lip service to customer feedback, they should listen to you and provide you with a competent auditor who does not mandate requirements not supported by the audit criteria. On top of that, should you be brave, you can even provide feedback to the Auditor Authentication Body in OASIS about this auditor's behavior.

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Had a similar conversation with our AS consultant, he said about turtle diagrams not being a requirement but some auditors focus on them. We were starting to do them anyway so it wasn't an issue but it gave us an insight into how what people look for isn't always what you are required to do. I was recently audited by our largest customer and was able to comfortably ask him to show me where I had to do what he was asking as it wasn't in the standard, also where what I was doing was wrong for what we needed to do in our factory not what he has to do in his. He was quite happy with my response couldn't disagree and laughed about the fact he had been the one who had been advising me when I started the job and had obviously been too good at it.

EMP

EMP
Well done that man! He was also asking for manufacturing KPIs and QA checks between manufacturing processes - the product my client makes is labels so you load the programme, load the media and press print in effect - take very short space of time - he wasn't even taking this in to consideration. We tried to encourage him to view process but not interested.. We did a turtle of manufacturing but he wanted for all other processes - waste of time imho.

Top Bottom