Recording Control Plan Changes

R

Russ

Looking to customer and AS9100 requirements I am attempting to get all Control Plan changes recorded in our system. We have a Change Request form which can be filled out and sent to QA for changes. We also have a simple form in the Control Plan database where those changes can be recorded. I look at the form as a request and the record in the database as the actual change made. I do not want to use the Request forms as the record of change since they separate documents stored in each respective part# folder and thus would be a nightmare to extract information from. Am I just being too pushy?:argue:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
Looking to customer and AS9100 requirements I am attempting to get all Control Plan changes recorded in our system. We have a Change Request form which can be filled out and sent to QA for changes. We also have a simple form in the Control Plan database where those changes can be recorded. I look at the form as a request and the record in the database as the actual change made. I do not want to use the Request forms as the record of change since they separate documents stored in each respective part# folder and thus would be a nightmare to extract information from. Am I just being too pushy?:argue:

From what you describe, I can see two solutions.

1. The change request really could be the record, but you might need to rethink how you file that record.

2. A revision log right in each Control Plan. last page, record and summarize each change. Then it is with the Control Plan if you need it. Ignore it when you don't.

R

Russ

From what you describe, I can see two solutions.

1. The change request really could be the record, but you might need to rethink how you file that record.

2. A revision log right in each Control Plan. last page, record and summarize each change. Then it is with the Control Plan if you need it. Ignore it when you don't.

Our Control Plans reside in a database so it is simple to record changes there. The Change form just records who, problem, proposed change, & when. Those are retained in their respective part folders. It does not include actual changes made.

Top Bottom