Response time from API for review of responses to audit findings

Jayyy

Starting to get Involved
My company was audited in 12/22, Q1 11AX. My response was submitted well within the 60 day period as dictated by API. Review, as I understand it, should be done in 30 days. It has been 40 days, so do I remind them or wait?

Rene Minassian

Do it right the first time....
Hi, Review by API may take more than 30 Days, depending on the amount of findins. You do not need to remind them. Make sure you have fully closed all your findings by reponding them. You should get a notification that all findings are know been responded. The 30 Days are youre respond time when they require additional response to the raised findings after there review.

jmech

Trusted Information Resource
API tries to complete their review within 45 days (see link at the bottom of this post), but there are no consequences for them if it takes longer. They currently have a pretty bad backlog, so I would not be surprised if it takes them 45 days or longer to complete their review.

As Rene stated, you do not need to remind them. However, if this was a recertification audit (not surveillance) and you risk getting close to expiry, then it might be helpful to prod them if it gets past 45 days.

Becoming Licensed/Registered

Jayyy

Starting to get Involved
We had 2 minor findings, no impact. I checked mycerts, nothing there, either. Yes it was a recertification, I'm going to get on with other business for a while, thanks for the help and advice!

Jayyy

Starting to get Involved
Thanks for everyone's input, I am in NO rush at all, just curious. I will continue to focus on the many other demands of my company.

Top Bottom