Resume Writing and Consulting Services

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
So far I have not seen this as an issue, however for those who haven't gone through it....

Many years ago I was called by a 'recruiter'. By the time it was over I had spent several hundred dollars for printed resumes which included resume advice and such - But the bottom line was there never was a job. The company's 'real' purpose was to sell resume consulting services.

I ended up buying several resume related and other various books. They are still in my garage and when I see them I remember those days. The realization that there is no 'right' way took me a while. Different companies, and different HR folks in each company, are 'turned on' by different things.

This is just a warning to think before you jump into anything.

T

tori2432

I actually took two classes that were free on resume writing at the local university and have since helped many others with their resume. It is very simple: look at the job description and create/edit your resume on how you are perfect for the job based on your experience with each item they are looking for. Or take a class at your nearby university!

I

isoalchemist

There is still a lot of "help" out their to write your resume for you. I'm sure there are some very good ones out there, but I agree with you Mark each HR department want to see something different. What may be helpful is for the "older generation" ( that I am part of) learn the "magic words" for computer searched resumes to move them up the scale vs. what would normally get picked up by a human reading the resume

Top Bottom