Suggestions for quick & effective solution for Continuous Improvement Requirements

F

friendbillw

Re: Suggestions for quick & effective solution for Continuous Improvement Requirement

That is an excellent suggestion!!! Just looking around the final inspection area, the lighting isn't that great, gauges are all over then place, its really not that clean. Have to find out if I can spend some money for new lightingm etc... I'll keep you posted.

F

friendbillw

Re: Suggestions for quick & effective solution for Continuous Improvement Requirement

I'm leaning twords your suggestion. I'm taking "before" pictures of the final inspection area as we speak.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

I am recently hired as Quality Manager. ISO audit is a month away. We are scrambling for a quick and meaningful solution for our Continuous Improvement Requirement. Believe me, my current company has a great deal of room for improvement, but I would like some suggestion of a process that I can implement (and verify its effectiveness) in a few short weeks. We are an aerospace manufacturer specializing in milling and turning. I would appreciate a few suggestions from people who might have been in a similar situation.

Continuous ( or continual ) improvement is done in an organization in the processes and products where it is already in conformity . You may want to start from your KPI's in the processes and as per top mgmt output from mgmt review , select the items where you can gain advantage for your process and for better serve your customer.
In some organization I have ssen that PDCA approach has been appled , Besides there are some guidelines for continual improvement application.

C

Chris_Anderson

A lot of quick easy improvements can be had through lean. A 5S event to organize an area, move work centers closer together or raw material closer, eliminate steps to a cumbersome process, post visual production charts, post trend charts for quality objectives to improve communication, train people on quality, add/post safety information, etc. A lot depends on what has already been done to create your quality system. There is certainly no shortage of ideas.

R

RMain

Go back to you internal audits, examine them, go to the governing Manager ask what improvements have you incorporated: there should be two types of improvements that results in:

Supporting information indicates we are functioning within acceptable range; changes are being presented for incorporation, improvements pending, we are forecasting that we are going to able to hit/exceed the target in terms of the business strategy

or

Supporting information indicates we are hitting or exceeding the target in terms of the business strategy functioning within uptick improvements where are we showing a profit in terms of the business strategy in the terms of reductions of useless/obsolete documentation or material waste/ labour hours used etc, or increase in profits (dollars).

Remember improvements don't have to be earth shattering

They are probably doing it already but don’t realize it.

You can then amend the Audit report to include the Potential or Actual Improvements.

My 2 Cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom